My new mtb boardman pro ltd with upgrades.

frostyleak
frostyleak Posts: 26
edited February 2010 in Your mountain bikes
Hey thanks for looking at my new ride, I purchased the bike as a good starting point, i have since upgraded the bike to the whole green x-0 groupset ceramic bottom bracket , new sram chain and white gear cables, let me know what you think.
IMG_1342.jpg
IMG_1345.jpg
IMG_1348.jpg
IMG_1343.jpg
IMG_1344.jpg

Comments

• jadamson
    jadamson Posts: 644
    wow looks amazing! i bet your happy :lol:

those brakes/gears look like there pointing down too much though unless you like it like that of corse :lol:
  • yeah i agree its litterally just had the cranks fitted in in the past hour, so i still need to do some fine tuning.
  • Very nice, I know it's only cosmetic, but I much prefer the LTD edition ones to the normal ones. The addition of that Noir chainset just about finishes it off. And nothing even comes CLOSE for the money.
    really REALLY want one of these!
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    very nice, never really liked the look of the boardmans but that does look nice. what grips are you using???
  • Yeah, +1.

Nice ride.

I quite like the Boardmans. Good bikes, and big value too.
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • Very nice, I wasn't sure I'd like the green LTD Editions from the stock web photos but that looks mint (pun intended) :D

Looks like a real XC whippet
  • jmillen
    jmillen Posts: 627
    Very nice 8)

Also wasn't sure on the green when I saw them on website, but in the "flesh" looks alot better
    2010 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon
    2014 De Rosa R848
    Carrera TDF Ltd Commuter
  • THanks guys for the feedback , the grips are totaly standard another good piece of equipment they fitted. I am debating what to do with it now do I keep it or do I sell it and build myself a look road bike? Hmmm the choices. Would be a shame after all the money I have invested into it.
  • pastey_boy
    pastey_boy Posts: 2,083
    sort that stem out and its finished :)
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=40619
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Orange Clockwork 2007 ltd ed
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • pastey_boy wrote:
    sort that stem out and its finished :)
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=40619

Nooooooooooooooooooo

way that looks like an AM stem, wring shape/style for the build

The stem on there is fine as it is ;)
  • BTW lovely build as above nothing can touch that for the money!
  • thanks again guys for all the comments on the bike, i am looking to change it though i think for a look road bike, it looks to good to ride, all that money and it hasnt even been out for a single wheel rotation, alot of time and money has gone into it but with no road bike and 3 mountain bikes i feel its my best opertunity to get a new roadbike. any ideas of a good build for a roadie? and also any one have any idea what kinda money i should be asking for it?
  • frostyleak wrote:
    any ideas of a good build for a roadie? and also any one have any idea what kinda money i should be asking for it?

Not the right place to ask that question matey...... :lol::lol::lol:

Lining yourself up for a flaming!
  • yeah i know but i just had to see if there was any dual interest people, i wanna keep my riding options open and i have 2 other cross country mountain bikes, a downhill bike and i am just missing a road bike, not looking to anoy any 1 just looking for a little advice, i have a passion within all styles of bike riding.
  • i keep looking at it and i just couldnt pert with it, my orange will have to go instead, despite the fact i have just looked at changing the wheels and tyres . god this is going to get expensive! more info to come.
  • jmillen
    jmillen Posts: 627
    Welcome to the spend silly amounts of money on your Boardman Pro club :D

What plans you have for it ?
    2010 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon
    2014 De Rosa R848
    Carrera TDF Ltd Commuter
  • frostyleak wrote:
    yeah i know but i just had to see if there was any dual interest people, i wanna keep my riding options open and i have 2 other cross country mountain bikes, a downhill bike and i am just missing a road bike, not looking to anoy any 1 just looking for a little advice, i have a passion within all styles of bike riding.

Only jesting, there are a fair few on here that ride both. But you're sincerely better off posting on the road forum as thats where you will get better answers ;)
  • looking to possibly change the wheels and tyres to a lighter spec, not really sure what way to go though, any ideas guys ? and what would you advise as the best tyres to go for, i had the continentals i have on here standard on my carrera titan 09. and i didnt find them very good.
  • frostyleak wrote:
    looking to possibly change the wheels and tyres to a lighter spec, not really sure what way to go though, any ideas guys ? and what would you advise as the best tyres to go for, i had the continentals i have on here standard on my carrera titan 09. and i didnt find them very good.

You don't want to go too mad on the wheelset otherwise the law of dimishing returns will kick in, look at something sub 1500g about £350 as what will happen is you'll end up changing all of the parts for lightweight kit, then end up changing your frame because it doesn't do your components justice, so you end up without any of the Boardman left, I hope that makes sense, the reason I says that is that I have done it ... TWICE.

Bear that in mind when purchasing kit. THere was a bloke on here who has an entry level bike (say 28lb in weight - but was suitable for him) and was trying to save weight, He was then going to buy a set of Avid XX rotors to save weight, Pointless, as the value of the rotors exceeded half the value of his bike.

Whereas a lighter set of tyres would have achieved some weight loss.
  • JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    Very nice- just need to get it dirty now

As for tyres,Specialized the captain 2.2 front/2.0 rear. very good xc tyres, and pretty light too - 5-600 grams. only about £20 each
  • yeah makes total sence. your right i think that a new set of tyres and see how it rides. what would u recomend? i wanted to get the matching grren set and do what halfords should have done to it straight from the box, i think what i have done has finished of the components perfectly, i suppose am just worried that all my hard work and cash would be in vein if i didnt change the wheels, but u have made me see the light, thank you.
  • frostyleak wrote:
    yeah makes total sence. your right i think that a new set of tyres and see how it rides. what would u recomend? i wanted to get the matching grren set and do what halfords should have done to it straight from the box, i think what i have done has finished of the components perfectly, i suppose am just worried that all my hard work and cash would be in vein if i didnt change the wheels, but u have made me see the light, thank you.

I run Racing Ralphs EVOs / 2.25 fr and rr / folding

I like them, but tyres are personal, however, they are extremely fast on dry/hardpac trails (no good in the mud to be honest) and OK on tarmac (my first pair lasted ages)

Also look atr Spesh (as above comment)
    Continental Speedkings / also racekings

depends what you want them for, it's worth investing in decent tyres and tubes, money well spent
  • Jeast
    Jeast Posts: 176
    You don't want to go too mad on the wheelset otherwise the law of dimishing returns will kick in, look at something sub 1500g about £350

Just thought I'd chip in on the possible wheel upgrade...I was looking to upgrade my wheelset too, but I weighed the exsisting 'Ritchey' wheels and they actually came in at just under 1500g...I was going to have to spend a hell of a lot of money to beat that, so in the end I decided it just wasn't worth it. My advice, run the exsisting wheels until they break and then splash out on something a bit special.

Tires - I'm running 2.25 Nobby Nics and can't fault em.

***CORRECTION*** Sorry, they actually weighed in at 1700g...still pretty light though.
  • clarkson
    clarkson Posts: 1,641
    very nice!! just don't expect the whiteness to hang around for very long!! :wink:
    I said hit the brakes not the tree!!

2006 Specialized Enduro Expert
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3192886/

2008 Custom Merlin Malt 4
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2962222/

2008 GT Avalanche Expert
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3453980/