Willesden CC Reliability Trial 21Feb

The penultimate event in the Chiltern Classics series takes place on Sunday 21st Feb from Ickenham.

There are two routes to choose from., a 60km that goes through Burnham Beeches and Coleshill and a 100km version that includes the delights of Bledlow Ridge, Cryers Hill and the ever popular Smalldean Lane.
In recognition of these cash strapped times we have kept the price to measly five quid and even added and extra 13km to the long route at absolutely no extra cost!

The long route will be fully signposted, the shorter route will be by route sheet only.

Sign on starts at 8.30, ride starts at 9.30. Start point at the Guide Hut, Community Close, Ickenham. http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=communi ... 16&iwloc=A

Comments

• Shameless Bump
  • alan14
    alan14 Posts: 149
    I might have a go at this ride, but I like to know what to expect. Found 3 Willesden routes on Bikely, including this one:

http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Wi ... lity-Trial

Is that the correct route? Ta.
  • Thats the one
  • alan14
    alan14 Posts: 149
    Hi, Good ride - I did the 70 miles on a MTB, despite the wet and windy conditions, including light snow and slush on the Cholesbury road. The only difference I found between the route sheet and the Bikely map link was continuing on the A404 to Whielden Lane into Winchmore Hill instead of via Penn Street.

The route signage could have been better - almost invisible arrow heads didn't make for easy navigation! I had memorised the route up to Bledlow Ridge, so it didn't matter so much, but after that the roads are unfamiliar to me so I had to stop a few times to check the arrows and route sheet. I missed a sign at the crossroads in Chalfont St Giles and wizzed down the hill into the town centre!

Hello to the 2 riders from Windsor and the Polish guy - hope you made it back ok.
  • Aplogies for the state of the signs. They looked great on screen and slightly less than great once I'd printed 150 of the things. They were pointless, literally. Another lesson learned for next year....
    Fingers crossed for better weather next year and hopefully we'll be back up to a full field again.