Extended run time with Deal Extreme lights

afcbian
afcbian Posts: 424
edited February 2010 in MTB general
I have been using the setup recomended in the what lights thread ie 5 mode P7 on the bars and 5 mode C1 on the helmet and am finding that I am getting far longer run times than quoted.
I regularly go out for 2 hour plus rides at night and the P7 hasn't run out of puff once.
I was prepared for and expected to have to change the P7 batteries every hour as quoted but this is simply not the case in reality.
Now I know that some of my riding, when on road for example, I use a lower setting on the light so I don't blind drivers, but this is only a small farction of my ride time.
Bare in mind that recent rides have also been in sub-zero temps too when battery life is not good.
I am so so impressed it's not true :D
Is anyone else finding this ?
I ride therefore I am

Comments

• cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    yes...

I get more than 3 hours on full power from the magicshine type light thing...

might just buy a second battery fro very long night rides.

perfect...
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • joec1
    joec1 Posts: 494
    yea, i bought a torch in november last year, and another in jan... the older one needs batteries every hour or so. but the newer one didnt need any at all last time i rode at night :D

must be a new wiring system.
    www.settingascene.com - MTBing in Wilts and the southwest, join up for info and ride details.