Please let me know if you encounter this Scott CR1 Pro

DARTMOOR1
DARTMOOR1 Posts: 15
edited February 2010 in Road stolen
My Scott CR1 Pro was stolen on 11th Jan in Central London and I just wanted to ask anyone that might come across anything sounding similar for sale to please let me know before considering buying. I'd be really chuffed to have a chance to get it back but I know that it rarely, if ever, turns out that way.

I've been told to try and take a walk down Brick Lane where it might turn up but even then what can you do, anyone selling can just say they bought it off of someone else etc etc....

It is the 2006 model, silver and black with Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheels, Arione saddle, ritchey stem and bars, FSA Compact chainset & ultegra kit for the rest. In a rubbish attempt at making it look less than it was I covered it in black masking tape so the frame should still be in really good nick underneath.

They left me with the front wheel only (I did have the frame locked also but they must have cut through that quickly and not bothered with the front wheel).

Cheers.

Comments

• hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    DARTMOOR1 wrote:
    My Scott CR1 Pro was stolen on 11th Jan in Central London and I just wanted to ask anyone that might come across anything sounding similar for sale to please let me know before considering buying. I'd be really chuffed to have a chance to get it back but I know that it rarely, if ever, turns out that way.

I've been told to try and take a walk down Brick Lane where it might turn up but even then what can you do, anyone selling can just say they bought it off of someone else etc etc....

It is the 2006 model, silver and black with Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheels, Arione saddle, ritchey stem and bars, FSA Compact chainset & ultegra kit for the rest. In a rubbish attempt at making it look less than it was I covered it in black masking tape so the frame should still be in really good nick underneath.

They left me with the front wheel only (I did have the frame locked also but they must have cut through that quickly and not bothered with the front wheel).

Cheers.

You call the Police, who will take it off them, for a start!
    Sorry to hear of your loss, and I hope you see it again.
    Keep an eye on ebay and gumtree, too.
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • maryka
    maryka Posts: 748
    Any chance this is it? Same ad here but with different phone number = quite dodgy.
  • Hi Maryka thanks for the post and for the tip. As you can see I'm still searching for my stolen bike at stupid hours of the night, I saw that same bike an hour or so ago and I agree that the ad looks very dodgy, £550 or nearest offer for that bike doesn't seem right does it?

Not mine anyway, mine is the 06 model, silver and black frame, I doubt I'll ever see it again and not sure if I will buy a decent road bike again now either.
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    Sympathies DARTMOOR. If the barstewards who knicked it are ever caught then bolt cropping their nutz would be fair doos.

The pic for the ad above does appear dodgy. If you look at the room in the background it's a dump which doesn't some how fit with the bike.

Anyway hope you find yours even if the odds aren't great.

B4stards!
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • asjc
    asjc Posts: 103
    DARTMOOR1 wrote:
    Hi Maryka thanks for the post and for the tip. As you can see I'm still searching for my stolen bike at stupid hours of the night, I saw that same bike an hour or so ago and I agree that the ad looks very dodgy, £550 or nearest offer for that bike doesn't seem right does it?

Not mine anyway, mine is the 06 model, silver and black frame, I doubt I'll ever see it again and not sure if I will buy a decent road bike again now either.

I had my much loved steel ciocc stolen in oct-see earlier post-in london and went to brick lane in search, i had 2 bikes nicked, spent the whole day getting more and more fed up. My advise to you would be to try to forget this bike, buy another, i hope you are insured, and enjoy that one. I know this sound a bit silly but i obsessed ,and still do a bit, about finding it and would look at every bike that came my way, in london there are loads of bikes, and on it went. Cioccs are hard to find and had to buy an old scapin which suits the bill. Its a crappy place to have a bike. Wish you luck.