Newbie in Delamear forest

Catfish
Catfish Posts: 141
edited February 2010 in MTB rides
I'm going to Delamear forest on saturday to give my new Carrera Fury a bit of a run out.
I have pretty much no mtb experience so does anyone have any tips for me with regards to riding there, such as clockwise or anti-clocwise etc.

Comments

• nonnac85
    nonnac85 Posts: 1,608
    trails are usually marked one way - just find the start and follow from there and you shouldn't go too far wrong!
    My Website - Trail Centre info for the UK: MTB Trail Time
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    the trails are marked with posts which are blue and white, the white marked trail is longer while the blue is shorter
  • how many people you going with, cuz if you don't mind i might see bout joining you there.
    i have a bit of mtb experience but not very familiar with delemere, an with it being close i intend on checking it out.
  • omegas
    omegas Posts: 970
    It’s not the best place to ride as the trails are shared with people and lots of dogs.

If you want somewhere to take the kids for a ride off road it is perfect.
  • Catfish
    how many people you going with, cuz if you don't mind i might see bout joining you there.
    i have a bit of mtb experience but not very familiar with delemere, an with it being close i intend on checking it out.

I have P.M'd you.
  • Steve_b77
    Steve_b77 Posts: 1,680
    omegas wrote:
    It’s not the best place to ride as the trails are shared with people and lots of dogs.

If you want somewhere to take the kids for a ride off road it is perfect.

The waymarked trails are busy at weekends, however there are miles of unmarked trails within the forest, not the best idea if you're just starting out, but once you get the hang of things you'll spot them easily.

It's also nigh on impossible to get lost at the forest is only about 12 miles all the way round the perimeter :D
  • Catfish
    lil_biggs125 Don't know what i did wrong, sent again.
  • pastey_boy
    pastey_boy Posts: 2,083
    delamere for me is a wasted opportunity. as mentioned there are lots of good unmarked trails but alot lead to dead ends. could be good if they actually mark out some proper trails.
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Orange Clockwork 2007 ltd ed
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti