Stealth Inbred - Finished

davewalsh
davewalsh Posts: 587
edited March 2010 in Your mountain bikes
SEE BELOW FOR PICS OF COMPLETE BUILD

Just the frame to start with:

pbpic4529940.jpg

Will be building it up with some bits of my Commencal Combi Deluxe and some new parts. Spec as follows:

Frame: On-One inbred, 18" in Barry White Black
Forks: RS Recon SL 2008
Bars: Easton EA70, 685mm low rise
Stem: WTB CXC 75mm
Headset: Cane Creek S3
Grips: Lizard Skins North Shore

Front Brake Lever assy: Juicy 3
Front Caliper: Juicy 3
Front disc: G3 185mm
Rear Brake Lever assy: Juicy 3
Rear Caliper: Juicy 3
Rear Disc: G2 160mm
Hoses: Avid

Shifters: XT
Cables: XT
Front Mech: XT
Rear Mech: XT Shadow

Seat: SDG Bel-Air RL
Seat Post: Race Face Ride
Seat Post Clamp: On-One

Cranks: Cheap Shimano octalink off the Commie
Chainring(s): As above
Chain: Shimano HG93
Cassette: XT M770 11-32
Pedals: Time ATAC ROC S
Bottom Bracket: Shimano ES25 Octalink

Front Wheel:
Rim: Commencal by Alex Rims
Spokes: White !
Hub: Commencal deluxe
Tyre: Panaracer Cinder 2.25

Back Wheel:
Rim: Commencal by Alex Rims
Spokes: White !
Hub: Shimano M475
Tire: Panaracer Fire XC Pro 2.1

Weight: I'm hoping for under 30lbs

Hopefully I'll get it finished for the peak district ride at the end of Feb !

Comments

• Cool, good luck with it.

You mentioned EA70 bars. Just in case you'd missed them, you are able to get them in white from Merlin.

On-one also currently have some deals on white seatposts.

:D
  • Finally got it built now, will add pics tomorrow once I take the road tyres off :-). thought I'd change the title as it's a lot blacker than I thought it would turn out.
  • davewalsh
    edited February 2010
    Completed build still has bald tyres (it's on commuting duty for the next 2 weeks) and I know I need to shorten the steerer but here it is:

pbpic4588393.jpg

pbpic4588382.jpg
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    Lovely! Big fan of the white spokes
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • So, where did you get white spokes from?

Looking good. Will look even better once you sort that steerer out and get some proper tyres on :wink:
  • They're the standard wheels that came on the 08 Combi Deluxe. I must admit I was never keen on them on the Combi but I like them on the Inbred !
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    very cool looking, i love the new colour schemes available fromon one at the mo.

love the look of the wheels.
  • Gorgeous colour scheme Dave, i reckon the weight must be closer to 28lbs, grab a pair of scales (if the missus will let yer) and subtract your weight from weight with you and bike, that'll give you an idea.

I do like the white spokes, '8)' it makes it stand out, are they round spokes or flat, i can't tell from pics?

IT will be interesting to see how the weight compares to my 2001 Stiffee !! I reckon you should be able to drop the weight a bit more, maybe knock at least a couple of lbs off.

Great build bud, it's always a good feeling building to your own spec, personalised and different.

See you on 28th. Ste
    2001 Cove Stiffee FR
    Trek liquid 10
    Dolan Hercules Carbon
  • I do like the white spokes, '8)' it makes it stand out, are they round spokes or flat, i can't tell from pics?

IT will be interesting to see how the weight compares to my 2001 Stiffee !! I reckon you should be able to drop the weight a bit more, maybe knock at least a couple of lbs off.

The spokes are round.

It's funny how everyone loves the look of the wheels, spec wise they're the worst thing on the bike (along with the chainset) and will be the first upgrade when the cheep hubs die. Just need to find somewhere that will build me a set of XM719's on Pro 2 with DT Comp white spokes !

Gave it a shakedown to work and back today with no problems, looking forward to thrashing it round Ladybower soon !
  • Stick a shimano Slx chainset and cassette on, that'll drop some weight off, that's what i did on my cove, it made quite a noticeable difference to the ride.

At £90 from chainreaction it's a steal. ':D'
    2001 Cove Stiffee FR
    Trek liquid 10
    Dolan Hercules Carbon
  • I've been looking at an SLX chainset as the existing one weighs a ton and isn't in great condition. Already have an XT cassette :)
  • davewalsh
    Steerer and tyres now sorted, here's the final pics. I'm glad to report it rides great !
    p4pb4678447.jpg

p4pb4678444.jpg