Noticably thinner looking....but NO weight loss

JimmyK
JimmyK Posts: 712
People have been remarking on how much slimmer i look lately. Ive been enjoying my cycling a lot and i eat very healthily. Im 40 yrs old, have never smoked and am a very light drinker. My legs have of course gotten bigger due to my cycling , but despite looking visably slimmer , my weight has plateau`ed , neither going up nor down :?

If i want to shift more poundage , what should I do and why would it have gotten so hard to drop weight despite keeping up my training and not eating junk ?

Comments

• Muscle is denser than fat. As your muscles increase you "burn" off fat but tend to stay at a similar weight.

Loosing weight is really hard once you're thin. Might be better for you to go on bfp rather than kg.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Metabolism slows as you get older.

Want to lose weight - you'll have to eat less and/or train more. Pretty simple really.

You may think you are eating 'healthily' but if you aren't burning off more calories than you take in, you won't lose weight. Try a calorie tracker to get an accurate idea of how much you are actually eating. You might be surprised how some of the 'healthy' meals have a few more calories than you think - even if they aren't junk, etc.
  • Yeah as above. Don't confuse fat with muscle density. If you sit in a sauna and do nothing then you'll lose weight, but if you cycle and remain the same it might be because you're losing fat and gaining muscle.
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4
  • Muscle is denser than fat. As your muscles increase you "burn" off fat but tend to stay at a similar weight.

what? that would be true if the fat lost is the same as the muscle mass gained but who can gain kilos of muscle mass over a few months? :shock:

I remain the same weight but im losing fat. I thought it was because my hydration levells go crazy every so often

anyone know what the typical muscle mass gain is after a hard sesh on the bike of say 3 hours? if you get enough proteins...
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    anyone know what the typical muscle mass gain is after a hard sesh on the bike of say 3 hours? if you get enough proteins...

.01 pounds.
  • richa
    richa Posts: 1,631
    What is your weight, height & fat%.

Weightloss is about calorie intake and expenditure. Very easy, despite not eating 'junk' food too consume plenty of calories. You need to eat less and train more, plateau can be overcome.
    Rich
  • eat what you want, take drugs, put it in the twelve sprocket, works for most people, just dont get done....... cept if your a pro.. then have a bit of a rest then start riding again.
  • to be honest as long as your in better shape and feel better about yourself...who cares

dont get too caught up on the numbers on the scales
    Crafted in Italy apparantly
  • Delete This Account Admins