Do you listen to music whilst cycling on the road ??

nicensleazy
nicensleazy Posts: 2,310
edited February 2010 in The bottom bracket
Do you listen to music whilst cycling on the road ??

Comments

• redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Yes, just in the left ear though. Can hear enough, you still need to look around too though.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Occasionally I do and in the left lug only.
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Occasionally, only in left ear though...
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • Bhima
    Bhima Posts: 2,145
    Not done a kilometer without it this year. Currently working on some tracks to aid my motivation on climbs.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Yes, but I only ride on the pavements. That way I don't have to listen to pedestrians yelling at me. 8)
  • Does birdsong count as music?
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    Does birdsong count as music?

What, there's birdsong in Sour Feast Lahn'n????? :)
  • plowmar
    plowmar Posts: 1,032
    Always do, can't get by without it.

Mind ,even with both ear thingies in, can still hear the traffic - have to turn the volume up :x

But, and it's a big but, I always look before making a change in my position on the road just as I do if the music has stopped; so I can't see any difference.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Sometimes. I listen on my commute as it is dark, and very early 5am-6am, you tend to get lit up by cars behind or in front so you know they are there. Listen when out on my own, winter steady rides. Usually not in summer, don't know why, warm weather, dry roads is motivation enough I reckon.
  • benjboy
    benjboy Posts: 258
    When i go out on the bike for some reason i have a song in my head,and it just keeps going aroung in my head.Does my fecking head in.
    Keep the chain tight all the way.
  • I only started cycling again last summer and did listen to music but i was on cycle paths for most of the route. I'm buying my first road bike in a couple of months time and will spent more time on the road so not sure what i will do. Might try with it on quite low or try the left ear trick.
    Boardman Road Comp - http://goo.gl/lPSkG
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    both ears, but low so I can hear the abuse of drivers as I overtake them (the last bit 'may' be a lie) :lol:
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    I voted yes. But then I also ride no handed, without a helmet but wearing a blindfold and in a duffel coat......
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • tlw1
    I hope thats not a dark coloured duffel coat............. :)
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    matthew h wrote:

Not only is it dark blue but I also colour my legs in black with felt pen in case they show up as well... :D
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • tlw1
    pottssteve wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

Not only is it dark blue but I also colour my legs in black with felt pen in case they show up as well... :D

Pottssteve - you are my stelth ninja cycling hero!
  • shane515
    shane515 Posts: 139
    Yes on commute or lone ride, left ear only though!
  • bobtbuilder
    bobtbuilder Posts: 1,537
    Yes, just in the left ear though. Can hear enough, you still need to look around too though.

+1.
  • Never.
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    I do, apart from on group rides, I do think that actually not listening to music I actually go slightly faster, don't know if it's because I hear my breathing abit more or something and then regulate it differently.
  • I think i've had music on every ride this year, since I've been training exclusively on my own. It's the only thing can get me through a 4 hours session in the rain.

Both ears loud enough so I can hear it properly, quiet enough to hear cars (most of the time). Roads round here are so quiet it's not that much of an issue.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent