Ragley MMMMMMMMMMMMMbop

pastey_boy
pastey_boy Posts: 2,083
edited March 2010 in Your mountain bikes
heres my new ragley mmmbop 16 inch with coil lyriks and a tubeless set up. bits are things i like and know to work .just had a quick blast round the street and it feels nice .gonna take her to llandegla tomorrow to get a better idea. if i like the ride and ive3 a good feeling i will then i will stump up the cash for the ragley ti
CIMG0002-1.jpg
CIMG0004-2.jpg
CIMG0005.jpg
CIMG0006.jpg
CIMG0007.jpg
CIMG0009.jpg
CIMG0011.jpg
CIMG0013.jpg
CIMG0014.jpg
CIMG0015.jpg
Viner Salviati
Shark Aero Pro
Px Ti Custom
Cougar 531
Sab single speed
Argon 18 E-112 TT
One-one Ti 456 Evo
Ridley Cheetah TT
Orange Clockwork 2007 ltd ed
Yeti ASR 5
Cove Hummer XC Ti

Comments

• lappymatt
    lappymatt Posts: 331
    OH BABY its got gripshift

i like the look of the bike
  • Seriously nice :D

I thought long and hard about getting one of those.
    I hate it when people say David Beckham's stupid...its not like anyone ever says: 'Stephen Hawking - he's s**t at football.' Paul Calf
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    Lovely bike :)
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    i don't like the colour scheme but i love the spec. those are great frames
  • pastey_boy
    thanks for the comments . i know its a tarts breakfast but i doubt ill see another quite the same. off to llandegla in a bit for her first dirt
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • pastey_boy
    change of plan. ive been dickin about all morning doing not a great deal so llandegla can wait , just gonna go for a blast up rivington . dont think llandeglas fully operational yet. on a lighter note my tubeless tyres stayed up all night no problems. will report on how she rides later
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • jay12
    pastey_boy
    btw where do you live? my mates who are on this went there yesterday. in the summer we are planning to go to the peaks. hebden bridge,hayfield,jacob's ladder etc.
  • Really love it...

Where did you get the grips from? was going to go to grip shift and like your red bits....
  • Mmmbops rule.

Especially green ones :lol:
  • pastey_boy
    just back from her maiden voyage up rivington and im glad to report she climbs like a demon and goes down easier than a single mum from bolton. the 2.3 tyres gave me enough cushion to stop the rear end feeling to harsh and the length of the post took some sting out too. climbs as well as my old sub 23lbs pastey ti howler which surprised me and with the saddle down it flew downhill. very stiff yet not as harsh as i expected. goes where you point it and not a hint of flex anywhere. my build is not that light due to the big forks and heavyish post but with running tubeless wheels the bike accelerates well. im a fairly big bloke and have come to realise a bit of extra weigh does my riding a load of good. only fly in the ointment was the raceface diabolus d2 stem. and its not the stem but the size and rise. its a 50mm zero rise and with it being combined with a zero stack headset i felt it put me a little too low at the front and i found it a little too short. ive got a 10% rise 65mm easton havok stem im gonna fit ,reckon it will do the trick. if anyone is after a 1-1/8 50mm zero rise raceface diabolus stem that cost me £80 let me know if you wanna swap anything

velvetmoog the grips are lizard skins with imperial endcaps and collars from fleabay

jay12 im from leigh near wigan. mostly do llandegla, rivington coed-y-brenin and ae forest and dalby. did the ride from langsett reservoir to ladybower last year and was good
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • jay12
    oh cool. well in the mtb rides section there is a rivington thread. i'm sure they will be ok with you coming along. right now rivington is a bit too far away from me and i'm building a bike s have nothing to ride with
  • pastey_boy
    well ive swapped the stem over to the 65mm 10% rise easton havok and the bike feels much better. i am going to have to order a new headset though as the fitted fsa one does not give my fork knobs enough clearance
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • Love the rainbow ilinks!! bike looks awsome, there's a green mmmmbop at the lbs and the owner has a Ti one, Lovely bikes,
    looks the nuts matey! well done! (what brake lines are they??)
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
    http://cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
    Cotic Soul, The bike of Legends!:wink: Yes, I Am a bike tart!
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 1#16297481
  • pastey_boy
    the cables are alligator i-links. i originally bought 3 sets, red, blue and gold. my girlfriend nabbed the red ones. 2 sets is enough for a full bikes worth of full length outers with a bit left over. nearly £70 for cables but they look nice and are smooth as hell. i made sure i fitted lengths of clear heat shring tubing to the cables in place where they may rub
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • sorry, i meant Brake lines,
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
  • pastey_boy
    ooops sorry. they are goodridge with gold connectors cost me £56 inc p&p from www.brakehoses4u.com.
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • cheers matey! is .co.uk btw!:wink:
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    edited February 2010
    Too much colour, but nice spec. Just too loud for me :)
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    wow, nice....
    I like bikes and stuff
  • ravey1981
    ravey1981 Posts: 1,111
    What brake do you have on the front? Looks like a vented disc? but on a mini lever :?
  • pastey_boy
    its a moto v2 caliper and vented disc running off a mini lever and dangerboy lever blade. unconventional but it works great and save quite a bit of weight over the moto lever. im 17 stones and it stops me better than any brake ive ever used
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • ravey1981
    ravey1981 Posts: 1,111
    I didn't know that setup worked...the piston/master cylinder must be the same size on the moto as the mini then...VERY interesting.

Also where did you get the dangerboys, i could never find a stockist
  • pastey_boy
    yep it works great. ive got the exact same lever feel as i get from the rear mini caliper. the dangerboy blades were from balfa uk they have green and red left for hope but have plenty for other makes.
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • pastey_boy
    i see you need red and theyre only £20
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • pastey_boy
    just ordered a new headset as the one fitted does not clear my fork adjusters and ive slapped a pair of law moto x pedals on, a bit heavier than the wellgos but grippy as hell and they will last forever. i going to fit red brake lines and probably a red stem or a gold stem and carbon bars ............after these tiny finishing touches i dont think i will change anything for at least a fortnight.
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • pastey_boy
    got some new bits to fit .will update pics when done. on the evidence of the mmmbop im totally convinced by the bike so im going to get the ragley ti in a few months time so all my upgrades from now on are going to be based on the fact that the bits are going on the ti. going to get a set of white stans flow rims built onto red hubs , probably hope pro,s
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    Just like a Chinese phone, "Bling Bling - Bling Bling!"

Like it...but with the Ragleys, Genesis, Kinesis, Cotics, Marin and similar "Hardcore Hardtails" I'm a bit, no, a LOT confused.

Just like Harry Hill, I like Steel and I like Aluminium ( I love Ti, but not the prices.)
    But, which is best?

Still not sure which way to go for my local N.Wales trails, so I'm gonna go thro all the Reviews, websites etc to get a full picture of what's out there.

Need a sub 4.5lb, 130mm, "softish" rear end frame for aggressive XC/Trail centres,
    no under BB cables, for full 3 ring c/set. Any ideas???
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    if you want a softish rear end then it has to be a kinesis or a stell frame like a soul or blue pig, but a stell frame wont be under 4.5lbs
  • spolt, sub 4.5lb rukles a fair few out on the steel side, but the soul just scrapes in!!
    having one and being a 'little' biased i'd say get one lol! But!! chances are that there are enough members here in the area that'll have mostr the choices your looking for to have a try maybe??
    dont get too tied up by frame weight either, some bikes may weigh more but they ride like a lot less!

pasteyboy, my lbs owner is selling his ti frame, 16" Lovely looking bike when built up!!
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!