New series of Shameless

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited February 2010 in The bottom bracket
I think they plateaued last series and are dropping down the side with this new series. I loved Shameless, but now the love has gone.
Does anyone else have the same opinion ?

Comments

• skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    The first series was the best, IMHO. I didn't catch much of the last series as I felt it had gone 'off the boil' even then.

I have started watching the latest series, and while it is more 'formularised' than earlier series, compared to the other drivel available on other channels I find it quite enjoyable. :D
    Cycling weakly
  • It went downhill when Kev, Veronica and Mcavoy and Duff (forgotten character names) left.

Basically it's been gash for about 3 years now. They're trying to hard to be controversial, gross out etc.
    Whyte 905 (2009)
    Trek 1.5 (2009)
    Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp (2007)
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    Not as good but still watch it.

Mickey maguire makes me p1ss.
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • I have never seen it, its on a long list of programmes that I have to catch if they ever show them from the beginning again. Everything I watch from the start turns out to be awful, 24, lost and that recent flashback pap to name but a few.
  • I watched the first series and loved it then gave up on it for years. Have been watching the new series and I'm quite liking it again.

+1 Mickey McGuire a great character
  • Anonymous
    I watched the first series and loved it then gave up on it for years. Have been watching the new series and I'm quite liking it again.

+1 Mickey McGuire a great character

I lkie him a lot, but he is a bit dribbly....not good when eating nachos.
  • AndyOgy
    AndyOgy Posts: 579
    Can somebody remind me - Is Karen's baby really Joe's?

I really like Jamie, and figured him and Karen to be a really sweet couple before she did the dirty on him.

There's something about Joe that I just don't like.
  • Anonymous
    AndyOgy wrote:
    Can somebody remind me - Is Karen's baby really Joe's?

I really like Jamie, and figured him and Karen to be a really sweet couple before she did the dirty on him.

There's something about Joe that I just don't like.

karen hates herself and cannot understand men being nice to her. Joe is perfect for her in her eyes as he is bad news. She doesn't know how to be happy, only self destructive.
    I fancy jaren a bit, she is unusually attractive in a strange way.
  • AndyOgy
    AndyOgy Posts: 579
    I know what you mean. Karen looked incredible when she was doing the baton twirling stuff.

But is Joe the father of her baby?
  • Anonymous
    AndyOgy wrote:
    I know what you mean. Karen looked incredible when she was doing the baton twirling stuff.

But is Joe the father of her baby?

Think so.
  • bergie
    bergie Posts: 13
    have to agree.Its started very weak.Im loosing interest.
  • Chrissz
    Chrissz Posts: 727
    The first series had me blowing tea through my nose, the second series was also funny, now it seems to be little more than a rather clever soap opera - no longer much of a comedy prog. :(