Majorca hotels

bobbymeister
bobbymeister Posts: 186
I'm looking to combine a family holiday in Majorca in May/June with a little bike riding. We're looking for a hotel - ideally one that offers 'apartment' style accomodation - somewhere within easy walk of a beach and decent training roads.
Not too fussed about entertainment etc, just good, clean accomodation, good food and a swimming pool.
Pollensa and Alcudia are favoured destinations, but we'll consider anywhere that's good.
Does anyone have any recommendations?

Comments

• mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Pollensa Park hotel is supposed to be ok. I stay at Club Pollensa in season which is superb but may be expensive (I don't know your budget). Prefer half-board buffet as you can then stuff yourself if you've been riding

www.ready2ride.co.uk

www.clubpollentia.com
    M.Rushton
  • LardLover
    LardLover Posts: 676
    I stayed at the Pollensa Park this year (a nostalga trip for me, was last there 25 yrs ago :shock: ).

It's clean, rooms were basic, not sure there's room for a bike, you could always lock it on the balcony. A bit of a walk into town (15 mins or so) as it's on the south side of the town. There was some self-catering apartments just over the road but can't for the life of me remember the name :oops:

Why not give THIS GUY a call, I'm sure he'll recommend some places in town. I popped in last year, was all set on hiring a bike to get some miles in but the wife's face said otherwise :(
    Still, I bought some route guides for when I return...........................................sometime!
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    It's MALLORCA... thank you very much, I claim my 2p :)
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • We're staying at the Duva in Pollensa in April when we go for a 2 day sportive they're organising. It's a bit of a hike from the beach but they havea pool, and the price is silly-cheap - £160 for a 1 bed apartment for 2 of us for 3 nights, half board (which includes help-yourself San Miguel with your dinner!). We booked through Alpha Rooms which seem to have a fair choice. Your other option is a villa - we stayed here last year and it's fab - you could rent this in May/June for about €1,000 a week.
  • +1 for the DUVA. Great apartments, gym, pool, sauna & very bike friendly!
  • We stayed in the Pollensamar Apartments.

Not massive or overly luxurious but big enough,very clean,pool etc.

The location couldnt have been better,5 mins walk from the sea and pine walk.

Its about a 15-20 minute walk down pine walk to the centre of town but beach and restaurants are nearer than that.

Its a lovely walk to do each night along the beach and check out the menus as you pass endless restaurants.

10 Mins ride down quiet streets and you can head for a flat ride or into the mountains.

The stunning road to the formentor lighthouse is just round the corner from the apartment.

http://www.travelrepublic.co.uk/hotels/ ... 4wodpSs9og
    Riding wise ive been Making Mediocre cool since 2003.

HIGHLIGHT..Raid Pyrenean 2005!!!

LOWLIGHT..To many to mention!!!
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    That Formentor road would be much better if the surface wasn't so rubbish. Loose gravel,potholes and uneven tarmac all await the careless rider.
    M.Rushton
  • Yes I meant stunning in the views rather than the road surface.

Like anywhere when your riding mountain roads you have to keep your wits about yer!!
    Riding wise ive been Making Mediocre cool since 2003.

HIGHLIGHT..Raid Pyrenean 2005!!!

LOWLIGHT..To many to mention!!!
  • Some hotels don't like you wheeling your bike through reception. We stayed in aparthotel in Puerto Pollensa and I had to chain the bike to some pipework in a basement service area. We are trying Las Velas Aparts, Puerto Pollensa for a second time this year. Twinned with Pollensa Park but just a bit further out, the other side of the bypass but the bypass always seems pretty quiet, not a main road as such. Quite a relaxed little place with a walled garden, pool, etc. Not stayed there with a bike yet but anticipate stashing it in the apartment on the days my misses wont let me out on it.