(un)official Bike radar MTB kit

jadamson
jadamson Posts: 644
edited February 2010 in MTB general
ok sorry if you thought i was going to sell you some kit but i came across the idea on the roadies forum and i thought it would be a great idea if we got together and designed and made some of our own kit

the road forum --> http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12678030&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

what do you guys think? :D

Comments

• But I don't wear lycra!
  • jadamson
    lol neither do I! thats why i made the post here as i dont want no roadie lycra!

we need Bikeradar jerseys! :D
  • I would be up for one or 2 tops. I also have a suspicion that now 2 of the 3 groups have mentiond it that bikeradar may get in on the act and save someone some hard work with design and sorting/sourcing suppliers and distribution.

I also have had a thought that if we (mtb/road) joined up in a venture of unofficial kit that it would be more commercially viable.

Any ideas on a main logo? obviously a mtb but what type? would we need a h/t over f/s? or vice versa (covering my back). One image that springs to mind is Mint Sauce. I know he is a MBUK only thing but I think his image has been synonymous to mtbing for a couple of decades. That should cover the older folk (me) and the younger ones. I have only added the pic as a rough suggestion and i am sorry if it infringes any copyrights. On the downside of that I see there are tops with him already on. So that may make my thought a bad one.

4339225918_e22d633bbd_o.gif
    fly like a mouse, run like a cushion be the small bookcase!
  • I would defo be up for BR kit (baggies, jerseys etc), also, Im also a graphic designer so if anyone wants help mocking up a design (all within copyright/branding guidelines) I would be happy to help.

Is a really cool idea.

White blue and grey sounds coo, (BR livery) with some WC stripes somewhere perhaps on the arm?

retrobike do their own kit in conjunction with Endura. Maybe they would jump at the chance to collaborate with BR.....

Thoughts, this thread really needs some legs so get posting peeps
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    You would wear this?!

I guess we are all different lol.

Also beware of copyright issues if you do this yourself ans sell the gear to people.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Jo occasionally produces Mint Sauce stuff, it'd be bang out of order to use Mint without permission.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • jadamson
    yer i was thinking more like mainly bikeradar logo maybe white/blue colour scheme and maybe the wc stripes on the lower sleavs.

The Big Cheese

If you could nock something up even if it was rough then that would be great!

im working on a letter to send to bikeradar with this idea and also asking about copywrite etc.

How many people would be interested in one if they looked good :?:
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    if it looked good, and was cheap enough, i would get it.....
    what about the BR logo, with Forum underneath............ and all fade-y, and blue.... and maybe a few classic forum quotes...?
    I like bikes and stuff
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998

White blue and grey sounds coo

Hmmm, I wonder why you want those colours :lol:

But I'd probably be in for that. Nothing with a sheep on though, rather have something professional/team looking. What are we thinking long/short sleeved jersey, with a half zip? As opposed to a DH jersey?
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • jadamson wrote:
    yer i was thinking more like mainly bikeradar logo maybe white/blue colour scheme and maybe the wc stripes on the lower sleavs.

The Big Cheese

If you could nock something up even if it was rough then that would be great!

im working on a letter to send to bikeradar with this idea and also asking about copywrite etc.

How many people would be interested in one if they looked good :?:

Wait for some feedback from the BR team, if positive I shall knock something up. :)
  • gaz047
    gaz047 Posts: 601
    good idea would definatly be interested, you can never have enough riding gear!!
    if it ain't rainin.....it ain't trainin
    Stick your 'rules' up your a%se
  • Bikerbaboon
    Bikerbaboon Posts: 1,017
    just for the sauce fans out there.

https://secure.thecyclejersey.com/store ... ducts_id=6
    Nothing in life can not be improved with either monkeys, pirates or ninjas
  • Cider has worn off now. Wasnt really thinking about a sheep (well I was at the time) but something that made it stand out. I didnt put about the bikeradar logo as that is a given. I like the idea as you would see people wearing it(I dont often see others on my trails) and it would be a good conversation starter.

Depending on jadamson getting approval, hope to see a rough/1st design shortly. Top offer The Big Cheese
  • BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    I'd be interested if this took off...
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Mint sauce would be cool if it was ok with Jo, there was a thread on another forum about mint sauce stuff but there's been no posts for a while
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/t ... ays/page/2
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Jo just posted something on STW, I think there's some sort of jewellery just about to be available, it'd be worth checking there.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    i'd buy one if they were offered, plus on the subject of forum related goings on, bout time there was another ride i reckon :)
  • Sarnian
    Sarnian Posts: 1,451
    I like the sound of some BR riding gear more then the mint source, It's more related to the forum. Nice way of spotting other forum users while out on the trails
    It's not a ornament, so ride It
  • jadamson
    ok guys ill start to knock up a message and send it to BR.

another idea, we could have our forum names written on the back?

sounds like there's a healthy amount of interest so far so fingers crossed and we will have something soon :D
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Thanks for the mail. We'll be selling these soon...

brjersey-forum1.jpg

brjersey-forum2.jpg

brjersey-forum3.jpg
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    That's pretty much how I thought they should look....so, erm, well done :lol:

They've saved you a job there jadamson :wink:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • M.Cole wrote:
    Thanks for the mail. We'll be selling these soon...

brjersey-forum1.jpg

brjersey-forum2.jpg

brjersey-forum3.jpg

Very nice, needs more WC colours on it though ;)

That's saved me a job then :lol:

Any idea when they are going on sale?
  • Anonymous
    Soon i hope chaps, soon!
  • Mark_K
    Mark_K Posts: 666
    Just the job i'll be up for a shirt but i'm to hairy for the shorts :P
  • Anonymous
    Mark_K wrote:
    Just the job i'll be up for a shirt but i'm to hairy for the shorts :P
    Get the Immac out, you know you want to.
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    sweet. how much though?
  • Oh dear - I look fat enough in lycra without having horizontal stripes :oops: and the white band across the backside of the shorts would make me look as wide as a house! Might be ok for your skinny roadies but not sure it will work on the more well proportioned mtb'er :?

(Do like the shirt generally)
    Scott Genius 08, Marin Rock Springs 08, Marin Pine Mountain 89
  • hmm, Top is ok. Shorts ought to be in baggy too. Or are they in the pipeline?
  • Anonymous
    that looks like the kind of outfit which has a dildo stitched into the gusset region.

I'm out.
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Can I pay extra at a trail centre so I dont have to share the trail with someone wearing that ................
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap