What HRM should I get?

Gav B
Gav B Posts: 2
The Polar F11 or the Garmin FR60?

I'm not looking to stray into GPS territory (and expenditure) but the foot pod / cadence monitor available for the Garmin sound useful - are they any good and worth having?

I'm looking for running training as well as cycling, any advice would be much appreciated - all the websites I found appear to have a vested interest.

Peace.

Comments

• tonyw43
    tonyw43 Posts: 249
    If it's any help Gav, I have the Garmin Forerunner 50. Now I know it's not on your list, but if it is anything to go by, I would recommend the Garmin any day. Easy to use, reliable and resilliant. If you wanted my advice, go for the Garmin.
  • Polar has served me well, they are worth a look
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    another "what I have " thread.

You need to ask for only those that have tried both and can make a real comparison. As long as there are no compatability issues, you'll not go wrong with any. Look for a deal.
  • Garz
    Garz Posts: 1,155
    Bit harsh that scrumple, the cycling lark is expensive enough for most of us and I cant afford to just blow £100+ on any equipment unless its heavily justified.

I have used a couple of cheapo HRM like the aldi ones which are fine for basic stuff but am currently using a polar watch which was a xmas present that's worth £75. Garmin products are good (I have a sat nav) but sometimes their range is a tad on the expensive side.