Jodrell Bank Sportive - anyone know the route?

Ands
Ands Posts: 1,437
Just trying to find out the route for the Jodrell Bank sportive on 14th March. I'll most likely do the 50 mile, assuming I can get an entry.

The route links on the website don't work - does anyone have the route map or failing that, a few places that it passes thru.

Thanks

Comments

• RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Ands, can't help bit I share your frustration. I'm torn between the 50 and 80 mile routes. There is little to go on "Relatively flat route with a few small bumps." and I'd like to checkout the routes before making a decision.
  • deets
    deets Posts: 17
    I've got the route saved in Google Earth from when the site worked. The 80 mile does an extra loop that the 50 doesn't. The extra section isn't especially any harder - I did it yesterday.

Can't seem to upload files on this forum - is there a way I can pass on the google file?
  • Route is on the site now, just had a look, will probably be doing it along with some other Radar riders :)
    Jens says "Shut up legs !! "

Specialized S-Works SaxoBank SL4 Tarmac Di2
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Thanks for the update. It looks like the sponsors Torelli have switched to using Bikely rather than Bikehike for the maps. Much appreciated.
  • C U there :)

• Ands
    Brilliant - thanks for the info, will have a look.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Hmmmm. I may have a look at this. I live less than 5 miles away from Jodrell Bank so the area will be well known to me!! However, it will be nice to meet some fellow BR people. The only thing is we have guests over the night before and it will be a very messy night.
  • So who's going to be the first to crack a Jodrell Bank joke?
  • Ands
    I like the look of the route I am going to do the 50 mile. I would love to do the 80 as the extended bit around Appleton/Budworth/Tatton is my training ground but I have never ridden that distance before (have not even done a 50 in the last 12 months). It will be my first ever sportive so I won't try and bite off more than I can chew!

What is the bit round Pott Shrigley & Bollington like? Quite hilly ?
  • NapoleonD wrote:
    Hmmmm. I may have a look at this. I live less than 5 miles away from Jodrell Bank so the area will be well known to me!! However, it will be nice to meet some fellow BR people. The only thing is we have guests over the night before and it will be a very messy night.

Sure you`ve a spare bike or two? Sign up the guests as well :wink: Blow away the hang-overs :)

• I am going along for this one, and it may well be my second sportive of the season!!
    Just a fat bloke on a bike
  • cw42
    cw42 Posts: 205
    I'm in, although not entered yet. Just going to go for the 50 for now, maybe build up to bigger distances later in the year.
    live long, eat biscuit
  • Was well up for this one - however it has been pointed out that it will be Mothering Sunday! More than my life is worth I think!! Looks like it well have to be Cheshire Cat after all - as well as the forum spring fling that is.
    If I can feel the pain in my arse, I mustn't be hurting my legs enough.
  • I'll be there for this one. My mate knows the organiser so we're giving him our support as he tries to get himself established as a sportive ograniser. His first one,The tour of the pennines last oct, was a great ride the only downer was the weather.
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • Anonymous
    Oooooh eck!

Mother's day!

I'd get castrated!
  • NapoleonD wrote:
    Oooooh eck!

Mother's day!

I'd get castrated!

Get divorced :wink:
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • Anonymous
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Oooooh eck!

Mother's day!

I'd get castrated!

Get divorced :wink:

I'd get castrated!
  • popette
    popette Posts: 2,089
    I suggested to Mr P that he should do this one instead of cheshire cat (I'm doing that) but hadn't realised it was Mother's day. Oh well, he's only doing 50 miles so he could start early and be back for a nice lunch out.

Ands, it is a bit hilly around Pott Shrigley but not ridiculous.
  • Signed on the dotted line.............. 50 miler...............club Radar Raiders :)

• Ands
    popette wrote:
    I suggested to Mr P that he should do this one instead of cheshire cat (I'm doing that) but hadn't realised it was Mother's day. Oh well, he's only doing 50 miles so he could start early and be back for a nice lunch out.

Ands, it is a bit hilly around Pott Shrigley but not ridiculous.
    Thanks Popette. I suspect my idea of a ridiculous hill is rather different to yours!

As for the Mother's day thing....sounds like the perfect excuse for me to get out and have some "me" time without hearing "MUMMEEEEEE!!!" every 3 minutes. :D