What would you do...?

mrfmilo
mrfmilo Posts: 2,250
edited February 2010 in MTB general
Hi
Not sure if this will break the ''how much is it worth'' rule, but I'm not really asking that...

Am after a DH bike ideally before or in the summer (2010).

Would have to sell my bike to fund it but I have a few options - which would probably get me the most money?...

1. Sell the bike completely and add some money for a DH bike.
2. Split it and then add some money.
3. Sell the frame/forks/cranks etc but keep the wheels,mech,handlebars/stem/ - basically the stuff that is strong enough for DH.

Here's the bike:
[/img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2711/4330286632_60cc9884c5.jpg[img]And the spec: Frame: GT Avalanche 2008 Forks: RockShox Recon 351 U-Turn Bars: Easton EA30 Lo-Rise Stem: Kore B-18 DH Stem Headset: FSA Orbit Z Grips: Superstar Lock-On White Front Brake: Hope Mono M4 200mm Rear Brake : Tektro Auriga Comp 160mm RH Shifter: Alivio Inner: XT Outer: XTR Rear Mech: Deore Seat: Fizik Ninsene Sport Seat Post Clamp: GT Stock Cranks: Deore Square Taper Chainring: Deore Middle Ring Chain: KMC ‘Z’ Narrow Cassette: Shimano HG30 Pedals: GT Platform Alloy Bottom Bracket: Shimano Octalink E-13 Bashguard Front Wheel: Rim: Halo Freedom Spokes: Stainless Steel PG Hub: Magura Funn Tube: Kenda Tire: Specialized Enduro 2.2 Back Wheel: Rim: Halo Freedom Spokes: Stainless Steel PG Hub: Shimano FM475 Tube: Kenda Tire: Specialized Enduro 2.2 Thanks[/img]

Comments

• mrfmilo wrote:
    Here's the bike:
    4330286632_60cc9884c5.jpg
    :wink:
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • mrfmilo
    mrfmilo wrote:
    Here's the bike:
    4330286632_60cc9884c5.jpg
    :wink:

Eh?
  • You didn't get the image code quite right, 'tis all.
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    mrfmilo

its impossible to say....

potentially, splitting can attract most money....but it is dependent on you selling everything at the price you want...which is dependent on what people want, and how much they are willing to pay.

Until you have actually advertised it as whole and parts, and then guaged the response....there is no way of telling what will work out best for you.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • mrfmilo
    Oh right I see what you mean :lol:
  • mrfmilo
    cee wrote:
    mrfmilo

its impossible to say....

potentially, splitting can attract most money....but it is dependent on you selling everything at the price you want...which is dependent on what people want, and how much they are willing to pay.

Until you have actually advertised it as whole and parts, and then guaged the response....there is no way of telling what will work out best for you.

That's what I thought....

What do you think I could I could get for it? :oops: *Hope the mods dont see this....* :lol:
  • Easy...

It's only worth as much as someone will pay.
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • mrfmilo
    OK.... :)
  • P-Jay
    P-Jay Posts: 1,478
    Personally I'd split it, I think bits are always worth more than a whole bike.

Only other thing I would add, having a puredred DH bike as an only bike.......

I don't want to tell you how to suck eggs or 'owt. But they're completely useless at EVERTHING other than flying down tech stuff very quickly.

If you use your bike for anything else other than that, it might be worth you keeping your current bike and just saving a bit harder for a DH bike.
  • mrfmilo
    True, the main thing I want to ride is DH, so first i'd buy a DH bike, then in the next months slowly piece together a XC/AM bike out of bits I have and second hand bits.
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    The trick is to advertise it as whole but say you're willing to take parts off/split if enough people show an interest and then negotiate prices individually. It might take a bit longer than usual
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    have to agree with pj....

i tried my spesh demo7 on beaverpass in whistler then danimal,,
    i thought being a 180mm 38lbs bike it would'nt be to bad on the all mountain front,..

after nearly killing my self riding up the road to reach the trail head i soon discovered the bike was not much cop on anything other than down hill bits..
    like that song goes when the red red robin goes bob bob boibin along. :P

bike was amazing in the bike park though...