My Fox Float RP2 has turned to dust...

Squarepants
Squarepants Posts: 1,019
edited February 2010 in MTB general
Ok not literally but trying to adjust the rebound on it the red anodised adjuster has parked itself on fully open (no rebound damping at all) and the pro pedal now spins around 360 degrees. Excellent.

What's better is I've just spend £100 on bits for a big ride at Cwmcarn this weekend and I'm not riding a bike with no rebound adjustment, I may aswell go up there on a pogo stick.

Halfords are having it in the morning. I'm not blaming halfords, it's the part not their error, but I either want a replacement shock by tomorrow night or a courtesy bike :evil:

oh btw - any ideas anyone :x
Cube Hanzz Pro FR
It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...

Comments

• jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    try giving Mojo a call to see if they have any suggestions?
  • GHill
    GHill Posts: 2,402
    See if Mojo will let you take it down for an inspection/repair. They're just by Newport, worth giving them a ring?
  • P-Jay
    P-Jay Posts: 1,478
    Yeah if it's less than a year old, or two and been serviced by them already it should be a warranty repair.
  • Kanya
    Kanya Posts: 90
    First thing I did after suffering my XCR ID5 I-drive for two months (probs with RP2 and i-drive) was swap it for my Boardman Pro.

Two bikes were night and day. That xcr is a beast. They fixed mine twice before I demanded a swap.
    2009 - Boardman Pro '09 HT MTB
    2013 - Cannondale F29 1 '13
    2017 - Haibike Freed 7.5 carbon HT + full Hope parts (no..not an e-bike)
  • Squarepants
    Whos Mojo?

I've spoken to Halfords today and to be fair they are doing everything to try and fix the problem, they even offered to come and collect my bike from my house but I'm in work. That's pretty good.

The mechanic there has now extended his hours of work today to accomodate, I'm taking the bike up at 5and hopefully will get a resolution.

Halfords; so far have been outstanding, very impressed.
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Squarepants
    That's pretty impressive from Halfords. Hopefully they get it sorted. if you're lucky they'll swap the shock off a display/stock bike.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Squarepants
    The fella said he had another XCR in, fingers crossed.
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • GHill
    Whos Mojo?

Mojo Suspension Hoodoo. They're the authorised UK service centre for Fox.
  • Squarepants
    I see.

well update - just come back from Halfords, the tech there did work on to look at the bike. I was there 20 mins and he changed the unit for a brand new one off another XCR no questions asked. Friendly service all the way and shook my hand when I left. What more could you ask for?

I can now go ride tomorrow :D

I won't have another bad word said against Halfords

Not the Caerphilly store anyway...
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • GHill
    Result!
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Good news.

Points for Halfords. When they're good they're brilliant.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • clarkson
    clarkson Posts: 1,641
    to be fair kanya, the xcr5 and the boardman pro are two very different bike. ones a full on xc bike, whereas the GT is very much a trail/ light all mountain bike.
    I said hit the brakes not the tree!!

2006 Specialized Enduro Expert
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3192886/

2008 Custom Merlin Malt 4
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2962222/

2008 GT Avalanche Expert
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3453980/
  • mkf
    mkf Posts: 242
    hey who needs mojo when you got HALFORDS :wink:
  • Squarepants
    they did the job for me...

Would Mojo have charged to fix? I'm sure they wouldn't have simply handed over a new shock like Halfords did...
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • GHill
    Would Mojo have charged to fix?

Almost certainly. Of course, I'd rather Mojo service my shock than Halfords, but that's a different issue all together. :wink:
  • llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    they did the job for me...

Would Mojo have charged to fix? I'm sure they wouldn't have simply handed over a new shock like Halfords did...

Yes, because you didn't buy the bike from them and to be fair Halfords didn't 'fix' it either, they just gave you one off another bike. Good on them all the same though.
  • nfrang
    nfrang Posts: 250
    Halfords told me they wouldn't be able to work on the shock(should anything go wrong) as it was too dangerous...so would have to be sent away. Did well to get a straight swap!
    Feel for the next man who buy's the donor bike with a recond shock though :shock:
  • Squarepants
    Tru dat

Hadn't thought of that, hopefully the return the faulty unit to the supplier and exchange for a new one which will be put on the other XCR.

I did pine a bit when I saw the other 5, all shiny and new... :cry:

Spent 3 hours cleaning/spanner checking mine last night though, is it wrong that I enjoyed that almost as much as riding?
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR