Bianchi Infinito Athena

ianeverton
ianeverton Posts: 231
edited March 2010 in Your road bikes
Just picked up my Bianchi Infinito from Epic Cycles, what a bike it is awesome (imo) I cannot stop smiling when I look at and ride it.

I will post some pics when taken some.

I have to say that that Epic Cycles was great, really helpful and a great service. The fit up check and test ride really made a difference and for anybody new to road cycling or unsure what bike they want or suits them they should really try Epic.

Comments

• Evil Laugh
    Evil Laugh Posts: 1,412
    Get em up.

:wink:
  • STEFANOS4784
    STEFANOS4784 Posts: 4,109
    That's really not on, i was looking forward to seeing those piccies :(
  • Evil Laugh
    Yeah me too.

The green Infinito's about the only thing I lust over enough to ditch my frame for.

I'm not a campag man though so at £1700 for the frame or whatever it is, it'll never happen.
  • Evil Laugh
    I take that back, just seen that green Baum in the Ti thread.
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    Evil Laugh wrote:
    Yeah me too.

The green Infinito's about the only thing I lust over enough to ditch my frame for.

I'm not a campag man though so at £1700 for the frame or whatever it is, it'll never happen.

You are at risk of offending the entire Bianchi owners club, mate! :shock:
    I do believe they call that 'green', Celeste. :wink:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • Evil Laugh
    :oops:

:lol:

:twisted:
  • Right here you go, fingers crossed as first time of trying to upload pics.

First two pics are my actual bike (dodgy camera though) and second two are off Epic web site.

Let me know what you think :)

http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae29 ... anchi4.jpg

http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae29 ... anchi2.jpg

http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae29 ... inito1.jpg

http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae29 ... inito2.jpg
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Bianchi4.jpg

Bianchi2.jpg

BianchiInfinito1.jpg

BianchiInfinito2.jpg
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Cheers my friend
  • I am a little disapointed to be honest guys, I put my pride and joys pics and and nt had one comment :(

Is it that mediocre ???
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    ianeverton wrote:
    I am a little disapointed to be honest guys, I put my pride and joys pics and and nt had one comment :(

Is it that mediocre ???

It looks a lovely bike to me, I'd love a spin on it. I wouldn't be worried about comments (even though you haven't got any :lol: ), it's what you think that counts.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Really nice. I lusted after one of these for quite a while. You've still got the protective stickers on the cranks though :P
  • Saw one of those last time I was in Epic, sorry if there are any thumb prints on it :D

Really like the combination of colours, think I prefer the white bars as shown on the Epic photos, but that's nothing really.

Have you ridden it yet? I'm guessing not from the colour of the tyres!
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    I meant to post the other day. Seriously nice bike. Saw one in the LBS a few weeks ago and had to give it a good looking over. The Athena Grouppo is very pretty indeed. The crank is muchos good looking in silver. Wise choice on the Fulcrum 3's. 7's would almost be undermining the frame.

Not a massive fan of the white tyres. No doubt they're gonna go rather browny/grey soon. No biggy though.

Anyway how does it ride? Tell us all about it.

Mike
  • Evil Laugh
    Looks great to me.

Love the green. :wink:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Nice!
  • Very nice.

Think I sightly prefer the red/white one but it's still a great looking bike.
  • Only ridden the bike on two short trips so far but it is awsome (imo), Ben at Epic said that so far everybody who has test ridden one has bought one.

Protective stickers still on some parts but will be off this weekend (please be dry)...now got my full kit and ready to go so really hoping it will be dry for me to give it a good testing.
  • ianeverton wrote:
    now got my full kit and ready to go so really hoping it will be dry for me to give it a good testing.

I'm hoping you mean a matching Bianchi jersey in celeste? That would look daddy-o cool 8)
  • Super dooper. :D
    I ache, therefore I am.
  • Unfortunately won't be looking daddy-o cool Cool
    8) just went for standard kit
  • Very nice - I nearly went to Epic on Saturday to view one but went on a ride instead.

I have the funds now at last but can't decide between one of these or Wilier Izoard.
  • Ian - can I ask if Epic 'did a deal' for you on the upgrade on the Fulrum 3's?

I'm considering an Infinito but as someone has said, Fulcrum 7's probably wouldn't do it justice.
  • GavH
    GavH Posts: 933
    Ian,

I have the '09 928 C2C and love it - this though definately looks like an improvement!

How does it ride, particularly out of the saddle? I've found my C2C to be ultra comfortable but it's downside is that it feels very soft and flexy when climbing or doing anything out of the saddle. Yours looks like it has much stiffer forks than the 09 models.
  • 2alexcoo
    2alexcoo Posts: 251
    Westerberg wrote:
    Ian - can I ask if Epic 'did a deal' for you on the upgrade on the Fulrum 3's?

I'm considering an Infinito but as someone has said, Fulcrum 7's probably wouldn't do it justice.

Epic seem to include the 3s in their price:

http://www.epic-cycles.co.uk/Bianchi_Infinito.html

I must admit, I really like the look of the Infinito. The pictures don't really do it justice, I saw one in Geoffrey Butler's and it's the bomb.

Plus, the geometry is spot on for peeps like me with long legs and short arms!
    Alex
  • I've a friend who rides one of these. The photos don't do justice to what a nice looking ride it is!
  • 2alexcoo wrote:
    Westerberg wrote:
    Ian - can I ask if Epic 'did a deal' for you on the upgrade on the Fulrum 3's?

Epic seem to include the 3s in their price:

http://www.epic-cycles.co.uk/Bianchi_Infinito.html!

this is great news. Most places I've seen it, it has Fulcrum 7s for the same price as the Epic listing!
  • Sorry for delay in responding.

The Fulcrum 3's were part of the package that Epic offer for the bike, that is the maion reason I went to Epic, however having been there now I would go back again for my next ride.

I actually popped in there yesterday to pick up a few bits, they have some serious Orbea bikes in there at the moment.

Regards to how it rides, it is awsome but I am pretty new to the sport so don't count on me. In the saddle it is very comfy and out it is stiff as a super stiff thing.
  • NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    That is a VERY nice looking bike 8)