Levi descending

afx237vi
afx237vi Posts: 12,630
edited February 2010 in Pro race
http://vimeo.com/8939902

Not as good as the Cancellara one from the Tour, but still quite cool to watch.

Comments

• I would have shat my pants @ 1.10 when he crosses the wet patch. the phrase 'rabbits nose' springs to mind!
  • steve23
    steve23 Posts: 2,202
    sometimes i think descending like that is far more impressive than the quick climbers!!!

id love to descend well!!!
    _______________________________________________________________________________________
    If You Can't Cut It With The Big Dogs, Then Don't Pi$$ Up The Tall Trees!
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    What the hell is on the side of the road @01:15? It looks like Homer's pig-crap silo.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • Sheptastic wrote:
    I would have shat my pants @ 1.10 when he crosses the wet patch. the phrase 'rabbits nose' springs to mind!

lol when i saw that wet patch appear suddenly i automatically had that oh sheeeeet.... feeling you get before you crash!
    ...the bicycle is the most efficient machine ever created: Converting calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of three thousand miles per gallon...
  • do radioshack not mind that their riders spend their spare time advertising lance's shop?
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Thanks for posting.

Not really spectacular at all but it looks like a nice road to ride....would be a long climb up but mostly uninterrupted by traffic I guess.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    do radioshack not mind that their riders spend their spare time advertising lance's shop?

Lol, I must admit I was a bit miffed at seeing that jersey...
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Thanks for posting.

Not really spectacular at all but it looks like a nice road to ride....would be a long climb up but mostly uninterrupted by traffic I guess.

Considering the how narrow the road looks, it's quite impressive.
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    So Levi can go down a hill.

What about the guy behind him holding the camera for us. Now that's impressive!
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    SpaceJunk wrote:
    So Levi can go down a hill.

What about the guy behind him holding the camera for us. Now that's impressive!

Helmet cam, according to the blurb. Still impressive, but we don't really know hard Levi was pushing it. My guess would be "not very".
  • The most amazing part of that footage is seeing Levi not sitting in and sucking someone elses wheel like he usually does!
    Let's close our eyes and see what happens
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    He was complaining about the headwind in the blurb tho. Probably not used to it...

Strava is not Zen.
  • dulldave
    dulldave Posts: 949
    Got bored a few minutes in. I'm sure he's going down there a lot faster than I could but we're used to seeing better descending than that so it's quite unremarkable I'm afraid.

I find stuff like this a little more impressive
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwiXfqTTABs
    (58 secs in)

Not sure how he's allowed to go filming himself and posting on Vimeo while not in his Shack kit. If I were Radio Shack, I'd be miffed. They aren't paying him to advertise Lance's shop.
    Scottish and British...and a bit French
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    Much more inpressive descending!

My buttocks clenched when the 2 cars appeared coming the other way!

It brings back good memories of my trip to the pyrenees back when I was young and foolish and bikes were made of steel. I don't suppose you know where that clip was filmed?
  • pedro118118
    pedro118118 Posts: 1,102
    Nope. Don't get it. It's just a pro descending a mountain - certainly nothing special. I'm sure he's fast - certainly faster than me - but so what?
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYQogGczfaE ...... this is descending!
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    Rich K47 wrote:
    Thats a good one, a bit like my descent following my crash, but without the rollers :D
    Good job he was on a smooth road with no potholes, would not fancy trying that on the roads round here !!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,212
    Sean Yates was the best descender I can remember. The bloke has no fear (and probably no brain!).
  • thomasmc
    thomasmc Posts: 814
    Rich K47 wrote:

No, thats just mad!
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Rich K47 wrote:

That guy's on the Paul Merton in Europe thing on Ch 5 next Monday.