My fapping knee!

The Northern Monkey
The Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
edited February 2010 in Health, fitness & training
For those that don't know, I have a rather dodgy set of knees.... particularly my right knee. I had a few operations on the right due to a rugby injury and its never been 100% since.

anyways, I got bad cramp in my right knee on Sunday and today its collapsed backwards twice already and it aching like a mofo!
i'm gonna wack some ibuprofen gel on it tonight to hopefully reduce some swelling, but whats the concensus about riding the saracen to work tomorrow?

I didn't ride today to give it a rest, but I really want to ride.... its the only way i'll get my fitness back!!

Comments

• 77ric
    77ric Posts: 601
    if you've got a half decent sports support that wont get in the way while cycling then hell yeah go for it benj. just take it easier and use lower gears, you should be fine.
    Fancy a brew?
  • hurts like f**k when it collapses back doesn't it?. mine doesn't ache when riding but does that collapsing back thing if i don't walk on my toes. i would ride, but my knee problem may be different to yours, as in yours may hurt when riding. pain is there for a reason, to stop us doing more damage.hth
    Cotic Soul rider.
  • If your knee hurts while riding you won't do it any good!
    I'm just starting month 4 of pretty much no cycling after 3rd op on my knee!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    pains me to say - but no riding
  • lol.... I rode :D

Wasn't too bad... its acheing now i'm in work though....
  • If you can ride without it hurting then get on, but like someone else said, pain is there to try and stop you doing more damage to yourself!
    Giant Reign - now sold :-(
    Rockhopper Pro - XC and commuting
    DH8 - New toy :-)
  • 77ric
    77ric Posts: 601
    If you can ride without it hurting then get on, but like someone else said, pain is there to try and stop you doing more damage to yourself!

no, pain is your body's way of letting you know what your doing is worth it :D
    Fancy a brew?