Bakunin
Bakunin Posts: 868
edited February 2010 in Pro race
Wow -- it is the mother of his child.

That relationship is done.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ricco-d ... a-positive

Comments

• nice - what a chap!
    ...the bicycle is the most efficient machine ever created: Converting calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of three thousand miles per gallon...
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    the brain power of these guys is boggling.

dirty until proven innocent...
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • What do you expect him to say?
    I'll bet they've discussed this.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Bakunin
    What do you expect him to say?
    I'll bet they've discussed this.

Yeah -- this sounds really good. I'm sure this is the result of some serious thinking.

“I trust her. If she tells me something, I believe her. I don’t think she tells lies. At least I hope so because otherwise it a mess, especially with a baby involved.”

“When I was found positive, I confessed everything. I was honest. I hope she does the same. People know I don’t like her racing, you can imagine what I think about her taking anything. Cycling isn’t for women, it hurts too much.”

“The thing that bothers me is what people will think. I didn’t need this but I can’t go and kill myself. I’m going to carry on training. It’s a strange situation but it’s nothing to do with me. We’ll do the counter-analysis but in the meantime I’ve been splashed all over the newspapers.”

Are you serious? That is a ringing endorsement of his girlfriend's innocence.

With support like that...
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Mmmm, remind me again Riccardo- who was it who helped shelter and support you when you were caught? Oh, yes, girlfriend Vania.

And who was it who bore you a son? Oh, yes, girlfriend Vania.

And cycling is too hard for women is it? Try childbirth.

And she's caring for a teething baby whilst you're away from home for three months? The three months that must have included your son's first Christmas that'll be. I think not.

“The thing that bothers me is what people will think. I didn’t need this ..."

I am speechless, lost for words. To think only of your weasely little self..........s-l-a-p.
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Aside from the blatent sexism, I can't really see much wrong with what he's saying, yep it's selfish as ****, but he's a professional sportsman, it comes with the territory...
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    He's a professional p***k
  • Maybe its an Asterix and Obelix thing. Obelix fell into the magic potion as a baby and presto - superhuman strength.

Have I got time to put a tenner on at William Hill - Alberto Ricco for all 3 grand tour victories 2030....?
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    Tusher wrote:
    I am speechless, lost for words. To think only of your weasely little self..........s-l-a-p.

Come on now. How do you know he is 'only' thinking of himself. We can only read what the journo writes.
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    John Terry school of husband/boyfriend behaviour
  • I'm reading many attacks on Ricco on various forums, but I am at a loss to see what the guy could say, that wouldn't sound somewhat calllous and offensive, to some, or an idictment of his guilt, to others.

He has to make a statement. He cannot remain mute. All in all, much of what he says, to me, has a ring of honesty.

Waits for the PC roll eye mob......... :P
  • Bakunin
    Fair enough Saddles...I just PC rolled eyes.
  • "Vania Rossi has denied taking EPO CERA but she admitted she breast fed her six-month old son Alberto just before the anti-doping control on January 10.

Taking CERA during breast feeding is crazy because the drugs is passed on to the baby via the mother’s milk. Mothers should try and avoid taking any medicines, never mind something like CERA…"

The baby should be taken from her ASAP. How can you do that to your own child????
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    "Vania Rossi has denied taking EPO CERA but she admitted she breast fed her six-month old son Alberto just before the anti-doping control on January 10.

Taking CERA during breast feeding is crazy because the drugs is passed on to the baby via the mother’s milk. Mothers should try and avoid taking any medicines, never mind something like CERA…"

The baby should be taken from her ASAP. How can you do that to your own child????

Unfortunately, no different from the (far greater) number of mothers who drink, smoke or take recreational drugs during their pregnancies or breastfeeding.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • "Vania Rossi has denied taking EPO CERA but she admitted she breast fed her six-month old son Alberto just before the anti-doping control on January 10.

I think some of the venom directed at the Cobra, for his words, should be directed at Miss Rossi, for her actions.
  • Looking forward to seeing him tearing up the slopes.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Well at least we know who to put our money on for the Baby Giro.
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    afx237vi wrote:

Buddum-tish! :D
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    afx237vi wrote:

Nice

"I think some of the venom directed at the Cobra, for his words, should be directed at Miss Rossi, for her actions."

Nice again.

Let's not get too Jeremy Kyle.

-Jerry
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • jerry! jerry! jerry!
    ...the bicycle is the most efficient machine ever created: Converting calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of three thousand miles per gallon...
  • Stuey01
    Stuey01 Posts: 1,273
    Won't somebody please think of the children?!!
    Not climber, not sprinter, not rouleur
  • they are children
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    Sorry if I appear to be simplistic but if you want to do some real good for the wellfair of children then join the Save the Children fund or relocate to Calcutta and help the street kids there; there are billions of neglected children in the world and the Ricco's are not the worst by far as they are not the best by a long shot.
    Ricco and his lovely wife are in Italy and will be dealt with (if they need to be; as WE do not know the exact situation of the Ricco family) under Italy's penal system.
    There is nothing we can do here to help or to hinder the child so lets draw some perspective.
    I do get annoyed at long distance Victimisation of people in the press or public eye. Many of these people are thashed and kicked about like sub humans when the REAL situation is not completely understood. I like the saying about "walking a mile in someone's shoes" to get to understand the truth.
    If you want to make a child's life better, through the Ricco's apparent neglect, then start with the kids who are closest to you; that is how, at least, you can make a real change. (not saying you're a bad parent but start some Junior's in to the Cycling Club or something; do some good in the world).

-Jerry

Thanks VinceEager :D

PS- I think the Ricco's are a special case as they have chosen to live the life where they value money and glory over their own health as Cera can easily be a killer drug.
    I think most Pros are hugely, seriously nuts.
    I lost all faith in Pro cyclists when (I'm pretty sure) Neil Stephen's said that "he would never dope as he has a loving wife and loving kids" of course, he was caught for doping soon after. Not good Stevo! Not good.
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • jerry3571 wrote:
    Sorry if I appear to be simplistic but if you want to do some real good for the wellfair of children then join the Save the Children fund or relocate to Calcutta and help the street kids there; there are billions of neglected children in the world and the Ricco's are not the worst by far as they are not the best by a long shot.
    Ricco and his lovely wife are in Italy and will be dealt with (if they need to be; as WE do not know the exact situation of the Ricco family) under Italy's penal system.
    There is nothing we can do here to help or to hinder the child so lets draw some perspective.
    I do get annoyed at long distance Victimisation of people in the press or public eye. Many of these people are thashed and kicked about like sub humans when the REAL situation is not completely understood. I like the saying about "walking a mile in someone's shoes" to get to understand the truth.
    If you want to make a child's life better, through the Ricco's apparent neglect, then start with the kids who are closest to you; that is how, at least, you can make a real change. (not saying you're a bad parent but start some Junior's in to the Cycling Club or something; do some good in the world).

-Jerry

PS- I think the Ricco's are a special case as they have chosen to live the life where they value money and glory over their own health as Cera can easily be a killer drug.
    I lost all faith in Pro cyclists when (I'm pretty sure) Neil Stephen's said that "he would never dope as he has a loving wife and loving kids" of course, he was caught for doping soon after. Not good Stevo! Not good.

what a load of sanctimonious limp c oked tosh
  • jerry3571 wrote:

-Jerry

They can do whatever they want with their own health, but feeding a baby CERA at 6 months old (probably for a while before too) ??
  • markwalker wrote:
    jerry3571 wrote:

-Jerry

what a load of sanctimonious limp c oked tosh

Yeah! Nuance? Perspective? Who want's those? BOOOORRRRRING! Far better Idea, let's burn the witch!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    They can do whatever they want with their own health, but feeding a baby CERA at 6 months old (probably for a while before too) ??

Would CERA make any difference to breast milk? Any of the science nerds know?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • iainf72 wrote:

Ask Dolly Partton??

Sorry that was HGH not CERA? :)
  • iainf72 wrote:

I don't know for sure, but I would be pretty surprised if it did anything taken orally (as it would be in breast milk) - BNF suggests it is given by injection only.

Andy
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    jerry3571 wrote:

-Jerry

Hold on.. you want to make kids' lives better by introducing them to competitive road cycling at a young age?

Given the state of this sport, Smack would be a better bet!

Strava is not Zen.