Flat time trial training around Kingston / Surrey

G-Wiz
G-Wiz Posts: 261
edited February 2010 in Training, fitness and health
Anyone got any good places to train that are flat and where you can keep going at a constant pace for a decent length of time?

I'm trying to find somewhere to establish a few benchmarks and measure improvements over the next few months.

Where do all the TT/triathlon types hang out?

Comments

• From Kingston head out to Windsor via hampton court,kempton park,sunbury,staines,Egham,

Roads a pretty big n busy, but not too bad, I often head out that way when its too icy for the Surrey Hills

TT/TRI guys hang out at hampton pool
  • G-Wiz
    G-Wiz Posts: 261
    TT/TRI guys hang out at hampton pool

Interesting place to train for a TT ;-)

Thanks, will have to reacquaint myself with some routes out that way, it's all been in the hills recently but I need to get some long flat steady stuff in for a while.
  • birdy247
    birdy247 Posts: 454
    Hi,

Could you give provide a couple of road names e.g. A30 etc... just so I know I'm on the right track.
  • maryka
    maryka Posts: 748
    I've put a map together with some reasonable training roads/loops for the TT bike here with some info.

When I was training for my Ironman race(s) last year, I used the circuit out by Longcross/Kitsmead for intervals and testing. It runs in a figure-8 clockwise (a single right turn, otherwise left turns and roundabouts, a couple of small rollers but mostly flat). Road condition not awesome but not bad, same with traffic levels. For a couple of miles of long straight flat road, see the section on Stonehill Rd.

Recently rode the Drift Rd./Winkfield circuit and it's pretty good for a TT bike too.

There's also some good roads further afield (I was doing ~100 mile rides on my TT bike so got to know them!):lol:
  • birdy247
    birdy247 Posts: 454
    That's brilliant. Thanks!