Evans Ride-It

mgcycleguy
mgcycleguy Posts: 292
To save me from having to venture over to the dark-muddy-side "MTB'ing"... does anybody have experience or could offer some advice as to whether I could ride my Spesh Tricross on an Evans Ride-it Saturday off-road event.... maybe the easier 20mile level ride.

... never really done any MTB'ing but thought maybe my Tricross could cope with the easier off-road courses ???

Comments

• Hi,
    Most of our rides use a combination of bridleways, byways and minor roads that would be fine on a cyclo cross bike, we've had a few people ride previous events on them without any problems.

I'd not recommend it for the Peak District or Lake District rides but any of the others should be fine.

Mark
  • Thanks for that Mark... Was thinking of doing either the Rochdale, Chieveley or Watlington... after that I'll be back full-time on the summer road bike...

... cheers MGcG
  • fishyweb
    fishyweb Posts: 173
    Do these events normally fill up, or is it safe to leave it until close to the date to enter?

I'm interested in the Watlington road ride, but would prefer to enter a couple of weeks before the date if poss.
    http://app.strava.com/athletes/287459
    Member of http://www.UKnetrunner.co.UK - the greatest online affiliated running club
  • Apart from the big King of The Downs event we have entry available on the day for all the events. Pre entry closes the week before, you do save a few quid if you enter in advance rather than on the day.
  • Mark, any idea on the number of places left on King of the Downs?
  • moolarb
    moolarb Posts: 83
    anyone doing the Rochdale road sportive this Sunday? it will be my first sportive

any info/tips on the route would be appreciated as I don't know that area too well

cheers
  • Hilly :wink:
    Jens says "Shut up legs !! "

Specialized S-Works SaxoBank SL4 Tarmac Di2
  • moolarb
    moolarb Posts: 83
    Did this go ahead? I was going to do it but I woke up at 6:30 in Manchester to find 2 inches of snow and a deep frost. I figured it would be even worse up on the moors so I went back to bed. I checked the Evans website and blog but no updates (what a surprise). Shame about the weather as I was looking forward to this challenge. Went for a blast on the MTB in the snow instead.
  • Yeah it went ahead. We felt a bit daft driving over with our bikes on the back of the car in that frost, but in the end the roads were OK except a few dodgy patches. We just did the short one, and started as late as possible, to give it all a chance to clear, but there were plenty of people riding longer and earlier than us.

Obviously the short one doesn't give great value for money, but this was a nicely organised event. Well signed, well chosen routes, friendly staff etc. I'd do one again, probably this one next year...