Welcome to Pro Race enter at your Peril !

moray_gub
moray_gub Posts: 3,328
edited February 2010 in Pro race
lz.jpg
Gasping - but somehow still alive !

Comments

• Yes, it would appear so :shock:
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Moray Gub wrote:
    lz.jpg

Yes, tautologically so!

Strava is not Zen.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    People even create graphics to describe their own posts :wink:
  • hahah
    ...the bicycle is the most efficient machine ever created: Converting calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of three thousand miles per gallon...
  • moray_gub
    calvjones wrote:

Yes, tautologically so!

Something you have just done as well :lol:
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    edited January 2010
    Moray Gub wrote:
    lz.jpg

Yeah, but only the swivel-eyed politically correct type, which I'm sure everyone will agree is the best type of loon.
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Moray Gub wrote:
    calvjones wrote:

Yes, tautologically so!

Something you have just done as well :lol:

Where's the fk me I'm confused smiley when you need it?

Strava is not Zen.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    edited January 2010
    This place is fairly reasonable for an internet forum. If you want crazy then look at the 'Clinic' section of the Cyclingnews forum. It's like a cult where you have to believe that every cyclist dopes - the slightest dissent results in abuse and calls for a banning for being a troll.

Jonathan Vaughters made the mistake of posting on there a few months back to explain that the only contact he'd had with Contador was to have dinner with him and he had good sources that he was clean. He then got a volley of abuse and was bombarded with accusations. He answered these accusations in detail and was then called a liar, hypocrite, fraud etc...

Really, this place is quite pleasant and intelligent.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    ''Loons' are not restricted to zones. 'Care in the community' is a wonderful thing.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Practically every cycling forum is the same. But at least the people tend to be pleasant about it.

Aside from the swivel eyed loons of course.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    RichN95 wrote:
    This place is fairly reasonable for an internet forum. If you want crazy then look at the 'Clinic' section of the Cyclingnews forum. It's like a cult where you have to believe that every cyclist dopes - the slightest dissent results in abuse and calls for a banning for being a troll.

Jonathan Vaughters made the mistake of posting on there a few months back to explain that the only contact he'd had with Contador was to have dinner with him and he had good sources that he was clean. He then got a volley of abuse and was bombarded with accusations. He answered these accusations in detail and was then called a liar, hypocrite, fraud etc...

+1
    There are some real know it all idiots on there who burn anyone who disagree's with there bitter views. See the slagging off of fleeman posting his blood value's and cav's comments on ricco. They go on about the omerta and then slag off a rider when he speaks out! You just cannot win with some people. :roll:
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • Kléber
    I gave up after a few days in the CN forum. The way they split off doping from pro racing was daft, sadly it is a component part of the sport these days. It's a bit like having a forum dedicated to 20th century European history and then not being allowed to mention the two great wars. And that was before the forum was colonised by many angry types. I know we can have a ding dong on this forum but it's really a far more relaxed place.
  • as well as being a keen cyclist , also a angler of long standing , have a understanding missus ! this forum is well mannered compared to some of the angling forums i post on , makes you wonder whats up with some people , would they be as trappy face to face ! methinks not :lol: easy to hide behind a keyboard
  • moray_gub
    brakelever wrote:
    as well as being a keen cyclist , also a angler of long standing , have a understanding missus ! this forum is well mannered compared to some of the angling forums i post on , makes you wonder whats up with some people , would they be as trappy face to face ! methinks not :lol: easy to hide behind a keyboard

Serious question here ..........just what do they find to argue about on angling forums ?
  • Moray Gub wrote:

Serious question here ..........just what do they find to argue about on angling forums ?

whether someone is being obtuse?
    ...the bicycle is the most efficient machine ever created: Converting calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of three thousand miles per gallon...
  • Moray Gub wrote:
    brakelever wrote:
    as well as being a keen cyclist , also a angler of long standing , have a understanding missus ! this forum is well mannered compared to some of the angling forums i post on , makes you wonder whats up with some people , would they be as trappy face to face ! methinks not :lol: easy to hide behind a keyboard

The size of their tackle
  • Kléber
    They're always carping on and casting aspersions. Too many readers read between the line and rise to the bait, they get hooked on petty arguments.
  • guinea
    guinea Posts: 1,177
    Moray Gub wrote:

Hah. I am a bit of a fisherman. Trust me, the angling forums have far more to argue with.

There are 100s of different styles techniques to compare and argue over. Competition fishing is like a hornet's nest. Then of course you've got access rights to argue over as well as individual club rules.

From the outside it looks like all cyclists should just get along too. I mean, they all jujst want to ride a bike, no?
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    VinceEager wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:

whether someone is being obtuse?

very good!
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    RichN95 wrote:

Thank you for the Cyclingnews tip, finally I feel like I've found home :)
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Have to say I find this forum generally a pleasure to be on; there's the odd bit of stick that flies around, but that can always be taken the wrong way when it's not verbally transmitted eh, so no harm done really.

I have cried with laughter at some posts and genuinely find the posts and you lot interesting on here and it’s nutter free compared to my work related forum!!

But there is one thing I have to ad... bring back Cycling Report... I miss Bobby :lol:
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Sonny73 wrote:

But there is one thing I have to ad... bring back Cycling Report... I miss Bobby :lol:

They might return one of these days. Blinking xtranormal deleted some of the best ones for no reason.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    Moray Gub wrote:
    brakelever wrote:

There's the age old shimano v abu garcia debate (with relative Yank newcomers Penn getting in on the act), sound familiar? :wink: Then there's proper traditional course anglers (roadies) v the equipment obsessed carp angler (MTBers). Sounds familiar really :lol: Not sure if any of the pro anglers are rumoured to be doping though although I'm pretty sure the French and Spanish are feeding their carp and catfish steroids.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Got to keep the loonies on the path.