Today I had them all....

seataltea
seataltea Posts: 594
edited January 2010 in MTB general
12 mile training ride and I guess because of the sunshine they all came out on MY route, bleeding cheek.

Dogs on long leads not pulled in, dogs on no leads that wanted to bite me, horse riders, golfers who shouted at me for disturbing their game, deaf old people who couldn't hear me shouting until I almost ran them down and to top it all some muppet in a Citroen Picasso who looked me in the eye then pulled out in front of me with a smirk on his face.

I have fewer problem commuting.
'nulla tenaci invia est via'
FCN4
Boardman HT Pro fully X0'd
CUBE Peleton 2012
Genesis Aether 20 all season commuter

Comments

• biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    sounds exactly the same as my day out on the bike yesterday....
    awash with ars*-holes.
    that picasso driver though :lol: some folk just hate bicyclists.
    just remember to smile when giving the finger .
    :D
  • Robie P
    Robie P Posts: 39
    same here too, I had four moto x bikes coming straight at me on a byway..I coudnt move over as I was in a rut that the 4x4 boys have carved out and was very icey!! they all shook their heads at me as they went by!!
  • was you wearing cleats? if so, i'd have put a "racing stripe" down the picasso as a thank you to the driver.
    "scalare come se al grembo degli dei" (apologies to any Italain speakers if the grammar/spelling is off)
  • Valy
    Valy Posts: 1,321
    grahamg123 wrote:
    was you wearing cleats? if so, i'd have put a "racing stripe" down the picasso as a thank you to the driver.

Huh?

OP - damn, that does not sound good. I suppose it's understandable why car drivers might get irritated by cyclists, but being pure dicks as the guy you've encountered - that's annoying.
  • biff55
    Valy wrote:
    grahamg123 wrote:
    was you wearing cleats? if so, i'd have put a "racing stripe" down the picasso as a thank you to the driver.

Huh?

scratch the passing car with clip-in shoes.
  • Valy
    biff55 wrote:
    Valy wrote:
    grahamg123 wrote:

Huh?

scratch the passing car with clip-in shoes.

Oh down the side - I was thinking of one on the top. Could you really scratch a car with shoes?
  • biff55
    metal cleats on sole of shoe that clips into pedals.
    make a right mess of car paintwork.
  • Valy
    biff55 wrote:
    metal cleats on sole of shoe that clips into pedals.
    make a right mess of car paintwork.

Oh I see - I though cleats were palstic? :S Oh well.
  • gaz047
    gaz047 Posts: 601
    maybe not with the shoes but with the cleats you could.
    if it ain't rainin.....it ain't trainin
    Stick your 'rules' up your a%se
  • Rozza
    Rozza Posts: 75
    Move to Lincoln mate, there's no hills anywhere but I was out on Uncle John today and all I encountered were courteous motorists all afternoon.

If they're sensible give em a wave of thanks, incline your head or doff your cap/helmet.

They'll appreciate it.
    Wolf Ridge, mmm bop, XTC Composite, Uncle John
  • I like the way its "your trail". I hate it when mine gets invaded too.
    I am not sure my cleats would touch the car, well maybe a great big swing would dint the body and get the cleat in. I prefer to use the gritty grime on my gloves to scratch down the side after punching the window.
    fly like a mouse, run like a cushion be the small bookcase!
  • Valy
    Holy hit... this is like... this is like ... ROAD WARS!!!

:lol:
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    Try to tell others, non-riders - and they just don't get it.
    We've only got finite Time to do our "Thang" and clowns, jokers, idiots just pee me off!

I've got great courtesy and politeness, and some don't respond/reply, and that get's my goat a bit. I give way to everyone, and expect a little tiny bit of respect back.

Here its; you cycle on a designated track behind a lady, man or family with 2 - 3 dogs, ( I've got 3 dogs so I know I'm not a dog hater..)
    You click your brake lever, or shout, "Excuse me, coming through..." and they all have a Cardiac Arrest, saying, "Oh, I didn't expect to see anyone on a bike!!!"

So, what DID you expect, Osama Bin Laden riding a donkey carrying WMD's???
  • Valy
    Splottboy wrote:
    Try to tell others, non-riders - and they just don't get it.
    We've only got finite Time to do our "Thang" and clowns, jokers, idiots just pee me off!

I've got great courtesy and politeness, and some don't respond/reply, and that get's my goat a bit. I give way to everyone, and expect a little tiny bit of respect back.

Here its; you cycle on a designated track behind a lady, man or family with 2 - 3 dogs, ( I've got 3 dogs so I know I'm not a dog hater..)
    You click your brake lever, or shout, "Excuse me, coming through..." and they all have a Cardiac Arrest, saying, "Oh, I didn't expect to see anyone on a bike!!!"

Some might be startled I suppose. When i come up behind someone on a path I just make an audible "excuse me" and most of the time people hear and move out of the way/make it possible easier to pass. I do slow down though - especially if there are dogs near.
  • bikey2009
    bikey2009 Posts: 121
    Splottboy wrote:

Maybe Osama on a donkey, but the WMDs' have been disproved 8)

But, my missus's boss has a uncanny resembalance to Bin Laden, he's not nice either, unfortunetly we cannot find any records of business trips to Iraq, Afganistan or Pakistan to enable us the grass him up :twisted:
  • warrerj
    warrerj Posts: 665
    grahamg123 wrote:

It's amazing that when you do that and the driver stops and starts screaming and shouting at the state of his/her car they soon sht p and drive off whne you ofer to ring the police for them to report the accident :wink:

Metal bar plgs also make nice coach lines when they don't give you enough room when passing you on the roads :lol:
  • Splottboy
    I was teaching a Mtb Leaders course at Wyre forest, and told all the crew to treat others with repect, courtesy etc.
    Got close to couple clogging up the trail, but we all did the "Excuse me" thing, but they didn't move, not at all.
    When I got past them I realised they were "signing" to each other, as one or both were deaf/and or dumb. ( I hope that last bit doesn't offend anyone, it's not intended to. Sorry...)

SO...It was an eye-opener, and I use it in lectures as a good example of "Always expect the Unexpected". Taught me a very good lesson...
  • Valy
    Err = cleats are the things that you attach to your shoes... right? Or are cleats the actual clip[les pedals? :?
  • Splottboy
    Cleats are the bits attached to your shoes. could cause major damage to a car, dogs butts or other trail irritations, LOL!
    ( Look, I love Dogs...got 3 not including the Mrs! )