Headset for a Rockshox Reba World Cup fork

Brocade
Brocade Posts: 433
edited February 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
Folks,
What kind of headset do I need to get for a Rockshox Reba World Cup fork ? FAQ and Google no help and I don't have the forks in front of me so I can't really look at them. If anyone has had any experience with this fork.
Thanks in advance.
BMC Pro Machine
Enigma Ego

Comments

• Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    any headset you like in the correct size and type for your frame.
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    like Andy says. the fork is irrelevant.

other than the steerer is 1 1/8th inch.

what does matter is the frame and the frame requirement.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • mrfmilo
    mrfmilo Posts: 2,250
    Same again, it depends on your frame - as long as your fork is 1 1/8th and your frame aswell it doesn't depend on your fork.

What headset is on at the moment?
  • Brocade
    Hi,
    Thanks for replying. The frame is a Specialized Epic 2008 and it comes with those forks. There is no headset currently. I don't have the frame with me yet but am trying to get all the pieces together so I can put the bike together in one go. The reason I thought it would be the fork was because it looks like the headset rests on the forks stem, no ?
    Thanks
    BMC Pro Machine
    Enigma Ego
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    and the steerer is common to all forks. with the same steerer size.

you need to find out what headset the frame takes.

and this is not the same type of headset for all 2008 epics.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    only part of the headset that sits on the fork is the crown race, the very lower part of the headset, so long as the headset is the correct size for the fork, and the frame as well as the right type for the frame then all is good.

The fork steerer tube passes through the headset, but so long as it's the right size it will work.

I believe the headset needed on that bike is a standard inch & 1/8th aheadset, this will fit your forks too, this is pretty much the standadrd size & type of headset.

If in doubt you could always ask your local spesh dealer if in a hurry, or just wait for a spesh owner to reply, changing your topic title might help the later.
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • Brocade
    Many thanks, much appreciated, this is great.
    Regards
    BMC Pro Machine
    Enigma Ego