The Downside of front suspension

colintrav
colintrav Posts: 1,074
edited February 2010 in The Crudcatcher
Whilst the majority of this site nornally uses Safe bike centre trails where as i don't have that option not that it bothers me anyway ..

What I noticed this afternoon .. whilst using the suspension when i rode up to Cstle semple which is located at the top of a farmers field .. so your not garunteed even playin field

The front wheel would stick in the uneven ground [ holes made my sheep and cattle .. and when coming down from it I found it rather hazardous that I nearly went over the handle bars because soon as the wheel hit a groove the front forks compress so much it feels like am heading over the handle bars in the past my old bike never encounterd this problem bear in mind it hadn't any Front suspension ,,
So after what I experienced I went back up and switched the sus to Lock out and found the bike more controlable hence problem solved

Comments

• The Northern Monkey
    The Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
    edited January 2010
    what forks are they?

could be setup?

this would probably do better in tech/workshop :)
  • a.palmer
    a.palmer Posts: 504
    Sounds like you don't have the forks set up very well at all for your weight and stance
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    sounds lie you need to adjust compresion settings and increase your spring rate.
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    Sounds like you are a tit.
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    Or that he has too much weight on the front wheel.
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Could be the large knob on his head is overbalancing him
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    You werent travelling fast enough Colin, ride much faster and the suspension will work as intended.
  • missmarple
    missmarple Posts: 1,980
    colintrav wrote:
    Whilst the majority of this site nornally uses Safe bike centre trails where as i don't have that option not that it bothers me anyway ..

I'm sorry but that is the most prickish thing I've heard all week, being a designated trail centre doesn't make them any less 'dangerous' you mong.
  • Chaz.Harding
    Chaz.Harding Posts: 3,144
    colintrav - you sneaky little troll...!!!

C'mon, folks know what you've come to be - an UN funny wind-up merchant. Like 4XJ, but no-where NEAR as comical.

Your first line pretty much gave it away... ''Safe'' bike centres... Well, the green routes are safe, but reds and blacks can be pretty tricky, but it's all subjective matey - I'm pretty sure the world class XC riders have no problem negociating them, but I'm pretty sure YOU would - if you cant even ride over a hoof print FFS...!!! :lol:

So your suspension dives wildly out of control when you ride over an animal footprint... I think that A) You ride with a 3'' front wheel, B) Your suspension is set up COMPLETELY wrong or most likely C) You are a troll, and want people to fight / amuse you... You even wrote it in your sig!!!

Chopper.
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • Chaz.Harding
    missmarple

do_not_feed_trolls.jpg
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    Colintrav is fine. Its Rapid Uphill who is the worst troll!
  • colintrav
    bigbenj_08 wrote:
    what forks are they?

could be setup?

Rockshox
  • Chaz.Harding
    Andy wrote:
    colintrav wrote:
    bigbenj_08 wrote:
    what forks are they?

could be setup?

Rockshox
    colintrav = uber troll
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • colintrav
    Andy wrote:
    colintrav wrote:
    bigbenj_08 wrote:
    what forks are they?

could be setup?

Rockshox
    colintrav = uber troll

If you have a personal grievance say to my face in person ...I've encounterd your kind before on forums all mouth and nothing to back it up with ...
  • colintrav wrote:
    If you have a personal grievance say to my face in person ...I've encounterd your kind before on forums all mouth and nothing to back it up with ...

*Sits back and watches the show....*
  • Chaz.Harding
    colintrav wrote:
    Haha!

So, you're inviting me around now...? Oooooh! Serious!!! :lol:

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

Nah, I'm not taking the bait. And 'my kind'... :lol: Awesome! I'm not the troll matey boy - you say ridiculous things to the tune of ''all trail centres are safe'' (NOT a quote, but implied), that your suspension forks are shite, but when asked you just give a brand name. As it happens, RockShox make more than 1 suspension fork...! And if your unhappy with the setup, thinking they are better used locked-out, why not ask / look for suspension set-up guides...? The 'net's crawling with them! Both for MTB and motorbike, as essentially are very similar - specifically moto-x bikes.

So I, my cave-dwelling friend, have alot to 'back up' my accusations you are a troll... Any arguments from you there Colin? And that's just from THIS post... There's plenty more colintrav posts to choose from! :twisted:

Also, if you've encountered ''my sort'' on forums before, does that not suggest something about your persona....?
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    He comes across as a troll but I just think he's one of those unaware people.

And whoever called him 'hard work' at work is bang on the money.
  • Chaz.Harding
    And for everyone who hasn't looked at colintrav's profile....

We all know his location is: Killing is my business

But did you know that....

His ''occupation'' is: Manipulating your mind

And his interests are: Annoying people it's highly stimulating

In hindsight, I guess most folks would already know that - you are pretty annoying, not massively though - too funny to get angry at - and you DO manipulate our minds, to percieve yourself as a dong :lol:

:lol:
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • Chaz.Harding
    He comes across as a troll but I just think he's one of those unaware people.

And whoever called him 'hard work' at work is bang on the money.
    I guess it depends on how you define a troll.

I'd definitely call him a troll, but didn't think 4XJ was - he was just a bit lairy. He was much funnier on all accounts though!
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • forcutty
    forcutty Posts: 1,055
    Andy wrote:

QOTD :wink:
  • forcutty wrote:
    Andy wrote:

QOTD :wink:

I disagree! below...

stubs wrote:
    Could be the large knob on his head is overbalancing him

:lol::D 8) :P haaaahaha
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    mutant_facepalm.jpg
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • Goomba Fletch
    Goomba Fletch Posts: 221
    edited February 2010
    Obvious troll is obvious.
    This is my bike, there are many like it but this one is mine
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    I guess it depends on how you define a troll.

A troll is someone who intentionally and consistently goes out of their way to disrupt and inflame. I don't get that from the bulk of his posts he's just a misfit and I suspect unaware half the time. Plus, he started off on the wrong foot really, I can't see him turning it back round tbh.

I'm with you though. If he came across normally he'd get a different reaction / reception.
    I'd definitely call him a troll, but didn't think 4XJ was - he was just a bit lairy. He was much funnier on all accounts though!

FCJ is a big lairy kid and was great for it. He was just incredibly wearing :lol: ....they should bring him back, he was ace. :D
  • xstrathyx
    xstrathyx Posts: 1,104
    to be fair i think they are on a par

par being total wind-up merchant bellends!
    Andy wrote:
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    colintrav.. must be either poor setup. or poor technique....coupled with a poor assumption on who rides where...

we banged out about 45 miles in 9 hours yesterday in the big hills just north of Callendar...

Route started just North of Callander, then to Brig O Turk, up Glen Finglas to Balquhidder round back of Ben Ledi, the Kirkton Glen to almost Crianlarich, then towards and past Lochearnhead to the bottom of Loch Lubnaig where we started.

What trail there was (not much) was solid and lumpy...mostly just picking whatever line you like...but in no way could it be considered anywere near smooth....
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    To be fair to colintrav, Fort William's DH has been 'dumbed down' a bit lately.
    08%20Cycle%20path.jpg
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."