IS mount or Post mount for Specialized Epic

Brocade
Brocade Posts: 433
edited January 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
Folks,
When buying disc brakes for a specialized epic 2008 frame, do I buy IS mounted or Post mounted ?
Many thanks,
Tolga
BMC Pro Machine
Enigma Ego

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    looked in the FAQs?

the answer is there. or at least the info for you to identify the mounts on whatever fork is fitted to what ever year your bike is.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Brocade
    Did look in the FAQs actually... and Googled. Couldn't find it easily enough. Sure, I could spend another 20 minutes looking and I'm sure I could find it, but it's easier to just post a message here and if someone cares to answer and knows the answer off the top of their head, they can answer in 2-3 secs... I do when I know the answer (which isn't frequent as I am just learning to build a bike).

At the end of the day, this message just costs a couple of kbytes on some harddrive somewhere, i.e. nothing. You don't want to answer, you just ignore it pal. Take a chill pill and just ignore it.

Always wondered why people on forums give answers like the one you gave... why waste your own time and why waste others. These messages cost nothing, na da, zero. No trees are killed, no third world children are abused nothing. Just ignore the damn message if you don't want to bother. But don't go around spreading this negative energy and making this forum an unfriendly place for people like me who are clueless.
    BMC Pro Machine
    Enigma Ego
  • mrfmilo
    mrfmilo Posts: 2,250
    Haha, Nick is quite blunt - but still it's true just check the FAQ's first.

But in answer to your question...
    Which one of these is your fork?:

TECH_Disk_tab_type.jpg
  • Brocade
    Aha Ok many thanks. They are Carbon Reba World Cups, and appear to be Post Mounted.
    BMC Pro Machine
    Enigma Ego
  • mrfmilo
    mrfmilo Posts: 2,250
    Remember you can always get adaptors if you get the wrong ones
  • Brocade
    Sounds good, many thanks.
    BMC Pro Machine
    Enigma Ego