Muc Off Bike Clear Safe On Fork Seals?

jedi_master
jedi_master Posts: 888
edited January 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
Got a set of Tora 318 coil sprung u-turns turning up tomorrow and seen as I use it I was wondering if Muc Off bike cleaner is safe on them. Muc Offs site states it is safe on seals, rubber, brake pads etc.. but I'm after some user feed back.

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Not much point really - a damp cloth removes most gack, and when they are oiled and compressed, it will shift a bit more.
  • OK but what if a little gets on the forks while I spray the rest of the bike. The uppers I mean as it can run down to the seals.
  • I spray my muc off all over the bike, everywhere and anywhere and never had any issues!
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    should be OK, but try to avoid getting it on the deals, dont have a fit if you do, just make sure the fork isnt compressed with it there....
    I like bikes and stuff
  • Sloper
    Sloper Posts: 141
    Muc-Off is safe on my motorcycles, so I'd guess it's safe enough for an mtb. I think of it as more of a degreaser though, for removing oily film. I wouldn't have thought MTBs had much of a problem there?
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    Sloper wrote:
    Muc-Off is safe on my motorcycles, so I'd guess it's safe enough for an mtb. I think of it as more of a degreaser though, for removing oily film. I wouldn't have thought MTBs had much of a problem there?
    no, MX is its more recent branch, it was originaly, and still is a bike cleaner
    I like bikes and stuff