Trouble replacing brakes

Eau Rouge
Eau Rouge Posts: 1,118
edited February 2010 in Commuting chat
I bought some Koolstop brake pads from Wiggle, http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Kool_ ... 300003402/

It wasn't until I removed the old ones from the Campagnolo Mirage brakes that I realised they are actually of the combined holder/pad type, not the kind you can fit replaceable pads into.

Google hasn't helped too much, I can't seem to find a definitive site saying "these are the brake pad holders you need for Campy Mirage brakes". Does anyone know, or do I have to buy a set of the combined holder/pad ones?

Comments

• There's an eBay seller called bikefridge who does a good range of these things. I've used him before.

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/Internati ... ec0Q2em322
  • Eau Rouge
    Very interesting link, thanks for that. Just cause I can be really dense when it comes to anything with a screwthread, those Record/Chorus/Centaur pads would fit my MIrage brake calipers? The screw just needs to fit through the hole and be the right length to let it be tightened and still fit the wheel in, so are they?
  • Eau Rouge wrote:
    Very interesting link, thanks for that. Just cause I can be really dense when it comes to anything with a screwthread, those Record/Chorus/Centaur pads would fit my MIrage brake calipers? The screw just needs to fit through the hole and be the right length to let it be tightened and still fit the wheel in, so are they?

I think so, as far as I know all the ten-speed campagnolo brakes use the same blocks. Best to ask the seller though, he seems more knowledgable. I personally run his dura-ace tri-colour blocks on my tiagra brakes, they are the badgers nadgers.
  • Eau Rouge
    Eau Rouge wrote:

I think so, as far as I know all the ten-speed campagnolo brakes use the same blocks. Best to ask the seller though, he seems more knowledgable. I personally run his dura-ace tri-colour blocks on my tiagra brakes, they are the badgers nadgers.

I've gone and ordered them now. We'll have to hope they fit, or go back to ebay to buy some Record calipers to put them in. :)
  • Eau Rouge wrote:

They should fit fine.

Getting the pads out of the shoes requires you to get a flat head screwdriver between the two and twist. It is easy to imagine a slip resulting in the screwdriver going through your hand. Be careful.

Grease the shoes before trying to get the new pads in. Unless you enjoy pain and swearing.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Now that's a plan!