Rockshox U Turn adjustment problem

wicked
wicked Posts: 844
edited January 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
Anyone else out there had the U Turn adjust dial gone stiff?
The dial on my 2008 revelation 426 air's has gone stiff making travel adjustment difficult. I see there is a service guide on SRAM website anyone used this?
Any advice gratefully accepted.
It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Sometimes the dial needs cleaning and greasing.
  • Tel39
    Tel39 Posts: 243
    Had the same problem on my pikes. And as Supersonic pointed out, If you undo the little allen key and take the adjuster knob off you might find one or two rusty bearings that are crying out to be greased :)

Assuming they're similar to my pikes that is! Worked for me anyway
    Vis Unita Fortior
  • wicked
    Thanks guys! Allen key? Thought it was a circlip?
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    there is a how to in the FAQs.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • mrfmilo
    mrfmilo Posts: 2,250
    The U-Turn dial on my Recons was really stiff, just regreased the bearings and it is smooth and easy now!

Unscrew the allen bolt and there should be 3 bearings underneath - just re-grease 'em and it should be alot better.
  • wicked
    Thanks! I guess I really should have looked first :oops: