Rain advice

DLH1985
DLH1985 Posts: 56
edited January 2010 in The bottom bracket
Hello all,

I live in Sicily (the land of supposed sun and oranges!), it's been raining heavily here for the best part of a week and needless to say I'm getting pretty bored of it now. Has anybody got any training activities for someone who doesn't own a car and isn't near to a gym? If it continues to rain like this, I suppose I could take up swimming :roll:

Thanks

Comments

• Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    Cycle? I'd take the rain over the ice and snow we've got here again
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    I'm usually happy to ride in the rain, just whack me lights on, yellow jacket on and off I go. If its really heavy I dont blame you. Have a look at some circut training exercises, some weights etc. Lots of stuff you can do to keep fit or suppliment riding. :)
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    I want it to rain. It might wash this fecking snow away. :roll:
  • wear warm clothes ( particularly gloves and overshoes) and a waterproof jacket, stay away from slippy road paint and resign yourself to the fact that once you are wet you cant really get any wetter.
    ...the bicycle is the most efficient machine ever created: Converting calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of three thousand miles per gallon...