Night Chain Richmond Park

Bush75
Bush75 Posts: 29
Anyone out there fancy joining up for an evening chain around Richmond Park?

With new lights (Christmas present) I enjoyed a couple of laps last week but can't pursuade my usual cycling mates to join for an evening chain.

Anyone interested? In winter suggest 2 or 3 laps and no quicker than 20 min pace given winter legs, grit on the roads, my limited ability.

I'm away this coming week. So Monday 1st Feb would be an option.

With deer cull coming we'd need to be finished by 8pm. 6.45pm start (Roehampton Gate)?

It was such a pleasure to have no cars cutting me up...

Comments

• mookie
    mookie Posts: 29
    I'm lucky enough to live about 20 feet from Kingston Gate... Monday not a good night for me as I try to do something long-ish on the Sunday. Tuesday's any good for you?
  • Bush75
    Lucky to live so close by Mookie

No objection to Tuesdays, just that the next 3 are no goers for me. Coinicidentally next few Mondays do work.
  • owenlars
    owenlars Posts: 719
    Bush75 wrote:
    Anyone interested? In winter suggest 2 or 3 laps and no quicker than 20 min pace given winter legs, grit on the roads, my limited ability.

20 minute pace is averaging 21 mph. Thats hard enough during daylight let alone at night with deer wandering all over the place. Are you certain thats what you mean?
  • Bush75
    True it's pushing it but with a 3 or 4 man chain not unreasonable. Did some 21 min laps alone last week