Panniers

KulaBen
KulaBen Posts: 220
edited January 2010 in Commuting chat
Hello all,

Probably been done to death this one, but can anyone recommend me a decent single pannier bag? Going to start commuting, been and had the hybrid fettled at the LBS, raring to go, just need a bag.

Cheers

Ben

Comments

• I have Altura Orkneys, very waterproof, have a separate pockets on the front, can be clipped on and off with one hand, very good.

My only complaint is that if you're walking a long way with them as a shoulder bag (they come with a shoulder strap) the clip is a bit stabby.
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    I have Altura Orkneys, very waterproof, have a separate pockets on the front, can be clipped on and off with one hand, very good.

My only complaint is that if you're walking a long way with them as a shoulder bag (they come with a shoulder strap) the clip is a bit stabby.

Altura Orkney here too, can confirm that they are well waterproof from a trip in the rain round Mull. Mine did not come with strap, and I believe new ones don't. Bought last August. Great fit and adjustable size. Much cheaper than Ortlieb.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • Ooooh in that case I take it back about the strap! Or you was robbed. :)

I've had mine for about 4 or 5 years, still waterproof, still in good shape. Forgot to mention that mine have a removable liner, so if you have exploding yoghurt or something you can whip the liner out and pop it in the washing machine (on a cold wash).
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Ooooh in that case I take it back about the strap! Or you was robbed. :)

I've had mine for about 4 or 5 years, still waterproof, still in good shape. Forgot to mention that mine have a removable liner, so if you have exploding yoghurt or something you can whip the liner out and pop it in the washing machine (on a cold wash).

Non removable liner too, and no detachable pocket.... :x

Didn't they make things much better years ago?
    Still, must say I am happy with them though.

Right off tobuy a curry and enjoy a dvd, not feeling the best, so a night in :shock:

Come on Andy!!
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • KulaBen
    KulaBen Posts: 220
    Thanks for the swift replies guys, i'll go check them out.

Hope you enjoyed the curry Wallace!
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Altura Dryline - I got the 17 (laptop bag) which comes with a carry strap and VERY waterproof. Also ideally shaped for clothes.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter