Tech buddies needed!

goosey
goosey Posts: 103
edited January 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi All!
I'm setting up my own bike repair business but working on my own is lonely and I have nobody to ask when I get stuck :(
I know it's asking a lot, but is anyone prepared to be my "tech buddy?" - - someone with lots of knowledge I can ring when things aren't going too well?
(I'm posting this in the road forum as well)
please leave a message or PM.
ta!

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    if you want to pay international rates.

but why not do some training. at least that will give the clients some confidence.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Agree, if you're running a business and making money off it, you can't really be relying on someone else on the other end of a phone line helping you out.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • goosey
    I have Cytech 2! I'm only askin'
  • bails87
    TBH, you can just post on here asking for help!

Just put up pics when you've got a problem, and give a clear description and you'll have your answer pretty quickly.
    MTB/CX

• goosey
    Just put up pics when you've got a problem, and give a clear description and you'll have your answer pretty quickly.
    I know and you're all lovely like that - but sometimes I'm out on the road (mobile service) and a reassuring human voice is nice too!

Niclaus - where in Sweden are you? We rode our tandem from Haparanda to Helsingborg last year - maybe we met!?
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    How much will you pay me?!
  • bails87
    Consultants aren't cheap SS! :wink:
    MTB/CX

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,704
    I'll be cheaper than SS.

I'm poor. I'll do it for a fecking Pot Noodle.
  • Sloper
    Sloper Posts: 141
    goosey wrote:
    Hi All!
    I'm setting up my own bike repair business but working on my own is lonely and I have nobody to ask when I get stuck :(

Wow, I'd give anything to be working alone in a workshop at the moment. Just stick Planet Rock or Talksport on the radio for company. Bliss!
  • goosey
    Just stick Planet Rock or Talksport on the radio for company. Bliss!
    :) Radio 4 man, me...