shimano xt dual control

goonerkev
goonerkev Posts: 83
edited January 2010 in MTB general
Hi all, Was just wondering if anybody has shimano xt dual control shfters/brakes, I have just got some of ebay and have cabled up the gears earlier,when you change gear by pushing down on the lever, it doesnt seem to spring back like i thought it would you have to pull up a bit to bring the lever back into position, is this normal :? having never used some before i dont know if they are right or not?

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    They may just need to bed in a bit. Ensure the cables are smooth.
  • They are about 3 years old the shifters themselves he said, cables aren't there new, also the discs are 160mm but the adaptor i have brought for the rear does not let the wheel go in properly?
  • biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    goonerkev wrote:
    They are about 3 years old the shifters themselves he said, cables aren't there new, also the discs are 160mm but the adaptor i have brought for the rear does not let the wheel go in properly?

then you're in a whole world of hurt.
    gear cables need to be new even when fitting 2nd shifters to get nice shifting.
    as for rear brake adapter , pics ?
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    also the work best with rapid rise rear mechs
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    goonerkev wrote:
    They are about 3 years old the shifters themselves he said, cables aren't there new, also the discs are 160mm but the adaptor i have brought for the rear does not let the wheel go in properly?

explain?

too big too small?
    what adaptor? what brake?

pics.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • I have them.Doesn`t sound normal to me.Clean/relube cables or renew.
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • Ive solved the shifting problem, i was being a bit stupid, the end cap where you put the cable through seemed loose so i bodged a wrap of insulation tape in so it fit snug bit it stopped the lever from springing back :oops: :lol: ive also checked on chain reaction for the correct adaptor and it looks differant from the one that came with the caliper so fingers crossed will be sorted, not too sure on how to add links and bits will have to have a read up on it later, cheers