Fooking PayPal (and CRC)

The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
edited February 2010 in The Crudcatcher
It has taken me an hour to order a set of pedals from CRC using PayPal... fucking joke.

in the end I had to do it using my phone!!!! :twisted:

All other sites are working OK, as soon as I hit checkout using PP, it kept getting stuck, and I couldnt get on to PP via laptop either (normally can)

Anyway, got there in the end!!!

Anyone else had problems?

:twisted:

Comments

• Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    Anyone else had problems?

Nope.
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,695
    Why use Paypal?
  • Andy
    whyamihere wrote:
    Why use Paypal?

Easier
  • whyamihere wrote:
    Why use Paypal?

I use PP for anything bike related (NOT drawing from bank account - the wife would kill me) I make my bike funds through buying and selling stuff - another hobby of mine) so whats in PP is what I can spend ;)
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    Get CRC to change what will come up on your statement, like pr0n sites :D
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    problems?yeah

stripped the old bike down. i wanted to use the brakes i have for my build but they are screwed up. so will have to buy some :D:(

anyway the seatpost came today so will be ordering some stuff soon :D
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Had problems today, ordered something that came to £ 9.99, had tenners worth of vouchers for Christmas. Wouldn't process the payment, added some tube patches and it was fine. Bit of a rip off forcing you spend more than the voucher value before it'll complete the order :evil:
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • stumpyjon wrote:
    Had problems today, ordered something that came to £ 9.99, had tenners worth of vouchers for Christmas. Wouldn't process the payment, added some tube patches and it was fine. Bit of a rip off forcing you spend more than the voucher value before it'll complete the order :evil:

That's a bit off isn't it?? You're not the first person that it's happened to. If you get anymore, do the order over the phone....?
  • parryman
    parryman Posts: 153
    my problem is with CRC not paypal.
    CRC are a bunch of useless wankers.
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨)
    .•´,•*´¨)¸.•*¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨).•*´¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•` * ¸.•´¸.•*´¨The Amazing Parryman
  • Andy
    I've never had a problem with them!
  • stumpyjon
    Cheese, I thought so, it wouldn't have been difficult to set the website up so that it bypasses the credit card screen if the order balence was zero. Just need someone to give me some CRC vouchers now so I can try the telephone route, anyone fancy stepping up to help in a great CRC experiment.

Other than taht CRC have been generally good. That said I did notice today that a lot of stuff I was browsing was out of stock or even discontinued. If you don't sell it anymore why leave it on the website?

• I got a good deal on some Candy 2Ti pedals. £80 (cheapest elsewhere is £160) so am happy about that, also bought some OEM pedals and sent the front back and they replaced it the next day with a boxed one. Top service I thought!!!!
  • stumpyjon wrote:
    Cheese, I thought so, it wouldn't have been difficult to set the website up so that it bypasses the credit card screen if the order balence was zero.

Tell them about it. They may not even be aware of it.

I build eccommerce sites and it's easy for us, and the clients we work for, to overlook what may appear obvious to to the customer. And since most of these site start off small with the primary function to sell products and take money, a lot of the further development comes from customer feedback. And if they give a shit, they'll put it in the pipeline.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I got a good deal on some Candy 2Ti pedals. £80 (cheapest elsewhere is £160) so am happy about that, also bought some OEM pedals and sent the front back and they replaced it the next day with a boxed one. Top service I thought!!!!

Which one's the front? I find that mine alternate :lol:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • bails87 wrote:
    I got a good deal on some Candy 2Ti pedals. £80 (cheapest elsewhere is £160) so am happy about that, also bought some OEM pedals and sent the front back and they replaced it the next day with a boxed one. Top service I thought!!!!

Which one's the front? I find that mine alternate :lol:

LMAO - I meant brakes as well you know Bails :lol:
  • stumpyjon
    Tell them about it. They may not even be aware of it.

Fair point but there was something on the back of the vouchers about only using them for part payment for orders. Effectively they are CRC cash, seems like they are aware of the issue, just have decided not to fix it.

• Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    I've only ever had one problem with CRC, and that was this weekend..

Ordered the o/h a Sombrio top, and they've sent the wrong one out.. it's currently on my desk, with a returns form filled out etc, waiting to go back & be returned.. hopefully all should be good, and it's not bike related, so I can still ride!

Not a major problem, but the first issue in 4 + years with CRC! Thy're usually brilliant, quick service, good prices etc!

(On the upside, the other bits I ordered were perfect..)