The early bird

projectsome
projectsome Posts: 4,478
edited January 2010 in The Crudcatcher
Just wanted to see how long it took for the cruds to wake up. been up since 5am and it's bloody boring. :D
FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    those with small children are awake now :)
  • projectsome
    matthew h wrote:

lol I don't have any of those, at least it would give me an excuse.
  • tlw1
    time to get out on your bike then, followed by a stop off at a decent cafe!
  • projectsome
    matthew h wrote:
    time to get out on your bike then, followed by a stop off at a decent cafe!

lol it was a waitress that woke me up
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    edited January 2010
    Yup, been up since 6am with our 2 kids.

Sadly though, as the wife was babysitting for friends last night and didnt get back until after 3am, I've left her in bed and had to do the housework. This has taught me a few things.

1. Mr Muscle window cleaner makes me sneeze, lots

2. Cleaning stuff is pointless when you have 2 sticky fingered urchins running round the place

3. Tip for the single men. The washing machine to go for is the Indesit Moon. You only have 4 choices of wash, and each one comes with nice big pictures to help you choose.

4. I cant work our dryer
  • projectsome
    Yup, been up since 6am with our 2 kids.

Sadly though, as the wife was babysitting for friends last night and didnt get back until after 3am, I've left her in bed and had to do the housework. This has taught me a few things.

2. Cleaning stuff is pointless when you have 2 sticky fingered urchins running round the place

3. Tip for the single men. The washing machine to go for is the Indesit Moon. You have 4 choices of wash, and each one comes with nice big pictures to help you choose.

4. I cant work our dryer

my washing machine has 20 settings, I only use 1.
  • Yup, been up since 6am with our 2 kids.

3. Tip for the single men. The washing machine to go for is the Indesit Moon. You have 4 choices of wash, and each one comes with nice big pictures to help you choose.

4. I cant work our dryer

my washing machine has 20 settings, I only use 1.

Snap :P

Been up since half 6 for work. Could probably get away with up to an hour of sleeping in seeing how I don't actually leave til just after 8, but I prefer to get up earlier and get ready at a leisurely pace. Gives me time to cook a good brekky too!
    This is my bike, there are many like it but this one is mine
  • Yes, for washing machines, I find that less is better. I can actually use this one (should I need to) whereas the last one we had came with that many buttons and settings it wouldn't have looked out of place in a NASA control room.

Seriously, how many different ways can you actually wash clothes?
  • LOL, I only use one of the presets, its the way forward!

Went to bed at 3:45am, just wasn't tired, then I woke up at 7:45. had a drink, went back to bed and woke about 20 mins ago, already into my 2nd coffee.

Off to work from 12-4:00 then heading out for a few beers :)

Still waiting for certain things to turn up so don't want to miss the postie!!! :D
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    i was awake at 8 because of the paper round. might strip down my bike :?
  • And obviously by the lack of activity in the Crudcatcher today, everyone else is still in bed the lazy webbos!
  • And obviously by the lack of activity in the Crudcatcher today, everyone else is still in bed the lazy webbos!

I spend more time reading the crudcatcher at work than I do actually working :oops:
    This is my bike, there are many like it but this one is mine
  • Kitty
    Kitty Posts: 2,844
    I woke up hours ago as I'm used to getting up at 6am, but dozed for a bit after.
  • -liam-
    -liam- Posts: 1,831
    Went to bed at 3am. Woke by 3 young children at 7 :(

Fed and watered the animals, turned on the cartoons to keep them quiet, left the eldest in charge, and went back to bed for a snooze. Just woke up :roll:

Extenuating circumstances for me are that I'm up and awake at 5.30am monday to friday :(
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    My Mum and Sister decided to have a very loud conversation outside my bedroom door at 8:30 which really annoyed me so I got up and had some toast.

Good news is that a replacement bit for my XTR wheels turned up, so will have them sorted and pics later!
  • Graydawg
    Graydawg Posts: 673
    matthew h wrote:

Aint that the truth - been up since 0400 - then up and down till 0700.

Who's bright idea was it to take the cot rails off my daughters bed...... :roll:
    It's been a while...
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    then up and down till 0700

Oh aye?!
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,695
    I awoke at 4:30 hearing clattering downstairs.

I went to investigate, and discovered that my brother had come in and was making pizza. I proceeded to eat pizza before going back to bed, but watched TV instead of sleeping.

Good times.
  • bigboned
    bigboned Posts: 151
    last time i got laptop out early i had to leave it for a sec to find the youngest of 3 kids giving it a drink - literally a pint of water.

now housework/ brekky etc done n kids in garden before i enter cyberspace
    For the muddy - Boardman comp frame ( to match the roadie) running saint/ fox
    For the blacktop - Boardman Pro Carbon

'Currently listening to Motley Crue's Girls Girls Girls'
  • Graydawg
    Graydawg Posts: 673
    supersonic wrote:
    then up and down till 0700

Oh aye?!

Lol - if only that was the case!!!

Tired from getting up because of the kid, let alone getting 'it' up for the missus.... haha!
    It's been a while...
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    was up at 8 for first day of work at LBS, rather quiet i have to say, but sold a Felt B2 tt bike just before closing, so that made it better :lol:
  • tlw1
    projectsome - another early start!
  • projectsome
    matthew h wrote:
    projectsome - another early start!

haha yes, must be the extra enrergy from the 2 days I've had off. I shan't be up this early tomorrow though
  • missmarple
    missmarple Posts: 1,980
    Schmako wrote:
    12pm rise, weekends are awesome.

Result!
  • Up at 8, was planning on doing an hour of roadwork on the commuter MTB, looked out the window and saw snow! The first snow I've seen this year due to being on a sun soaked 6 week long holiday.
    Anyway, came to the conclusion that semi slicks and snow wont get along.
    Fell back into bed until 10AM.
    Finished the housework, 2nd load of washing in the machine and tumble dryer working away happily. No I need to convince myself to load an OS on my new dual Xeon workstation.. I can't find the motivation.. off to watch a DVD instead..