box related help required ASAP

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited January 2010 in The Crudcatcher
tomorrow night i am taking part in a sponsored sleep out for the homeless. i will be required to drink beer and eat curry so i am very excited.

however

i need to make myself a cardboard box to sleep in and want a theme for my abode for the evening. due to the ease of construction i am toying with the idea of a postman pat van, maybe painted pink with the words "royal male" instead of the more usual "royal mail"

i have about 8 bike boxes (raleigh and apollo for those who are interested (everyone i am assuming)) as well as a few smaller boxes.

so, what are your thoughts?

Comments

• *AL*
    *AL* Posts: 1,185
    The box idea seems ok, but the costume could be a little draughty for this time of year ?

RoyalMale.jpg
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    How about staying with the postal theme and go for a bright pink post box, would require sleeping upright, I'm thinking one of the old fashioned cast iron ones. Would that be camp enough :lol:

Other idea was a coffin, although that might be a bit tasteless considering the cause you're raising money for.

Or given your profession how about a nice pink tank ?
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • i will be required to drink beer and eat curry so i am very excited.

And that is different to Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri... how? :lol:

But seriously fair play to you for doing it, how did all of this come about?

Can't help with the box, other than go snow/urban DPM (to blend in with the building) paint it to make it look like a street object (dark green with Westminster City COuncil on it) see if anyone tries to get in it or piss in it :wink:
  • http://sites.google.com/site/yocnow/_/r ... mpters.jpg

Even make the flaps that lift up so you can pop out and talk to people :)
  • Anonymous
    cheers for the suggestions guys.

cheesey: a mate of mine works for a housing executive and this is something they do every year apparently so i thought id get involved, should be a larf and a little bit of charidy everyso often is good for the soul.

i did think about an a team van perhaps, i think the proportions will work better considering im 6ft 1, the pat van would have to be nearly as tall to look right:

postman-pat-pedal-car-md.jpg

as opposed to:

ateam-van.jpg
  • Anonymous
    Had an ace night, there were loads of tramp pits burning in the carpark where we all camped out so it kept some of the cold out. i won a book signed by simon weston which was a bit of a treat and woke up with a stinking hangover.

4320335628_5aba947e8c.jpg

the steering wheel looks a little unfortunate and the box is a bit ramshackle, i built it in the garden but it was too big to fit through the house to load into a van so it had to get thrown over the back garden fence
  • Fair play sheepsteeth and well done
    Good to see people undertaking community driven events (although you had to be lured by the promise of beer & curry) :)