Why can't people mind their own business??

tailwindhome
tailwindhome Posts: 18,930
edited January 2010 in Commuting chat
Just went to the locker room to change over the clothing supply and noticed that someone has taken it upon themselves to remove the shower curtain from the only shower cubicle, which is now (in my view) unusable as it in open to the rest of the locker room.

Why did someone feel the need to do that?

I'm the only person out of 250 odd who use the shower, WTF is it to anyone if I cycle in and use the shower.*

Mind your own fecking business.

* I know I'm lucky I have the facility but that's not the point.
“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!

Comments

• alan_sherman
    alan_sherman Posts: 1,157
    Maybe it is being cleaned?
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Maybe it is being cleaned?

More than likely.

Anyway, the curtain is the least essential part of a shower...
  • Is it a mixed sex locker room?
  • check for hidden cameras facing the shower
    <a>road</a>
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    check for hidden cameras facing the shower

...and glory holes...
  • benno68
    benno68 Posts: 1,689
    kelsen wrote:
    check for hidden cameras facing the shower

...and glory holes...

George Michael - sorry that name just sprang to mind.

Hey Wheezy - Don't drop the soap :D:D:D

Pinarello Dogma 2 (ex Team SKY) 2012
    Cube Agree GTC Ultegra 2012
    Giant Defy 105 2009
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I used to worry about this if it was a particularly cold day.
  • Ian.B
    Ian.B Posts: 732
    Maybe some non-showering user of the locker room fancies you and wants to watch?
  • i think you should have posted "why not buy a shower curtain rather than nicking one"- i dont see how the theft of a curtain has anything to do with people not minding their own business?! :?
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    This is a funny thread! You think the shower curtain has been removed so other people can see your "business"? I guess it's possible but unless you look like a supermodel do you think that's really the reason :)
  • tailwindhome
    I don't know.

Maybe I've on this forum too long and developed the 'put upon' cyclist mentality.

I don't believe that anyone wants to see me in the shower, though it wouldn't suprise me if they did, they are only human after all and despite my forum name I am a sight to behold.*

My thread title referred to the sort of mentality of the person who previously decided to remove the cover from my bike knowing would get soaked in the rain. Why do people behave like that? Has anyone acted in this way towards you just because you cycle to work and thats a bit 'different'

Maybe I'm paranoid. Maybe the shower curtain is away to be cleaned as suggested. Doubt it.

Regarding the nature of the locker room. It is a men's locker room. Everyone else just uses the room to put on the factory overcoats and I'm the only one who uses the shower. Prior to me starting it was only used for the cleaner to store mops.

It really wouldn't bother me showering in front of other people in a gym type locker room, I'm not especially modest, but it's a bit different if you're only one who is naked just as the 8am shift clocks on. (thats not a euphemism BTW)

I'm going to stop typing now as I realise each sentence is making me sound weirder.

I'm going to cycle in on Monday and smell really bad.

Ha!

* especially now I've sorted the saddle position and I'm not suffering the same shrinkage issues to my 'business' as before
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Pop to asda and buy a new one. Keep it in your locker. See if the other one returns.
  • tailwindhome
    Good idea Lit

I'd have to go to B&Q to buy a pole as well though

That's away too.

(seriously, this thread didn't seem so weird when started it, but looking at it again.......)
  • merkin
    merkin Posts: 452
    I don't think it sounds too weird as showering naked in front of a load of fully dressed people who are only using the changing room to change shoes or hang up their coat would make most of us a bit self conscious.
    It does however sound a bit paranoid to think it is just because you are a cyclist. :?
    Perhaps if you continue showering without the curtain, other users of the room will soon go out and find a replacement curtain. They certainly would if they walked in and caught a reverse view of me bent over scrubbing between my toes!! :oops:
  • I'd have to go to B&Q to buy a pole as well though
    I thought you wanted to make less of a spectacle of yourself?
    :wink:
    FCN 7
    Porridge and coffee - the breakfast of champions
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Actually, sod your colleagues. If there's no curtain be naked and proud. If they have a problem with that then they won't use the locker room.
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    biondino wrote:
    If there's no curtain be naked and proud.

Well, with at least a semi, but being proud might be taking it a bit too far.
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    I'd have to go to B&Q to buy a pole as well though

And here's me thinking they were the customers, not stock.

Loads available in my local B&Qski if you need one.