Ashley Cole - Cock?

jrduquemin
jrduquemin Posts: 791
edited February 2010 in The bottom bracket
Just saw this today. I think it's laughable that someone who earns that much asks for time to pay a measley £1000 fine:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20100129/tuk-banned-cole-wants-time-to-pay-1k-spe-45dbed5.html
2010 Lynskey R230
2013 Yeti SB66

Comments

• MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    It would seem that the language police have edited the poll title..............

But yes, he is a c*ck !!!
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Is it Switzerland where fines are a proportion of the driver's income? That seems like a sensible idea.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • bails87 wrote:
    Is it Switzerland where fines are a proportion of the driver's income? That seems like a sensible idea.

Yes, Switzerland do take income into consideration when fining speeding drivers. Don't know why they can't do it here though... bloody useless government :x
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    Finland has a similar arrangement. IIRC an executive with Nokia was fined an eye-watering amount, he was quite civil about it and made a remark along the lines that as he earned more than most he would expect to pay more than most.
    The older I get the faster I was
  • bet he had a phone up his arse
    '..all the bad cats in the bad hats..'
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    jrduquemin wrote:
    bails87 wrote:

Yes, Switzerland do take income into consideration when fining speeding drivers. Don't know why they can't do it here though... bloody useless government :x

People can barely agree on progressive income taxes here, let alone the idea of proportional fines.

Voters would go ape sh!t if fines were proportional.
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • bails87
    Finland has a similar arrangement. IIRC an executive with Nokia was fined an eye-watering amount, he was quite civil about it and made a remark along the lines that as he earned more than most he would expect to pay more than most.

That's.......bizarre. That attitude seems completely alien, wish we had more of it here!
    MTB/CX

• elcani
    elcani Posts: 280
    Ashley Cole is without question a total bell-end.
  • Chip \'oyler
    Chip \'oyler Posts: 2,323
    Is he a fool?

No - he gets to shag Cheryl every night.
    Expertly coached by http://www.vitessecyclecoaching.co.uk/

http://vineristi.wordpress.com - the blog for Viner owners and lovers!
  • Is he a fool?

No - he gets to shag Cheryl every night.

Good point, however, the filters edited out the word I had originally put.
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • northernneil
    northernneil Posts: 1,549
    he is a fool OR his PR/Legal team are really really out of touch
  • AndyD2574
    AndyD2574 Posts: 1,034
    total and utter c@ck!!

He could call his legal team who clearly have no idea of the real world...........oh he cant...........he wont get a reception from his 'a' hole!?!............
    Specialized S Works Venge
    Argon18 E114
    Specialized Langster Single Speed
    Scott Spark Expert 29'er
    GT Avalanche
    http://www.glasgowgreencycleclub.co.uk
  • andy_f
    andy_f Posts: 474
    Is he a fool?

No, he gets banned for 4 months during which he can pay for a driver to drive him around while he sits in the back picking his nose and reading the beano. He then goes home to slip a link to Cheryl.

If it was us driving at those speeds then 12 months and possible loss of job would be the penalty and just a hand job from Mrs Cole.
    "Let your life rule your job, not your job rule your life"

Born to ride, forced to work.
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    there are those who say that Cheryl isn't his cup of tea due to her lacking a winky
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • Let's close our eyes and see what happens
  • Didnt even look at the reason :lol: .

"When I heard Jonathan Barnett (player’s agent) repeat the figure of £55K, I nearly swerved off the road."

I think thats quite reasonable but he got pilloried for it. If someone offered me £55k a year let alone a week to play footballl I would probably swerve off the road :shock: .

He is a Mary Hinge of the highest order.
  • STEFANOS4784
    STEFANOS4784 Posts: 4,109
    At least he hasn't p1ssed off abroad to avoid tax like Lewis Hamilton. People live to their means and despite the money he earns i bet he's still in debt. Unfair to tar brush people through jelousy IMO. if anyone on here asked for time to pay a fine i bet i could justify hating them because 'they can afford it (compared to me)' :wink:
  • STEFANOS4784
    STEFANOS4784 Posts: 4,109
    PS Voted he was a tw@t before reading it, so i aint the 1 :oops:
  • term1te
    term1te Posts: 1,462
    bails87 wrote:

Yep, some guy got fined around £180000 for doing 85 kph in a 50 area. It wasn't the first time he'd been caught though and he did try to make out he was a diplomat to get out of it. Not quite the same as a speeding fine though. I think they gave him some time in prison, but as they don't actually send you there if the sentence is for less than 6 months, you pay a day rate proportional to your net worth. This guy was worth 14 million.

There is no points system though, so you can just keep paying the relatively small fines for being 5 - 10 km over the limit. It's pretty much seen as an extra road tax.

Cole, if he doesn't pay on time, do they crush his car?
  • Yes, he cheated on Cheryl, but for some reason she chose not to dump the useless tw@t.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    I kept my mouth shut as I've already commented on speeding footballers (or overpaid pillocks who like to play with their balls) this month.

I'm so very proud of you all. :wink:

PS, Cheryl... :wink: On me head luv! :wink:
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Of course he's an idiot. You don't cheat if you get to knock-in wor' Chezza everynight. :P

Lad at work is convinced Ashley is gay and it is a marriage of convenience so as to reduce rumours and accusations about him and that Cheryl isn't a racist. :lol:
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    Lagavulin wrote:
    Of course he's an idiot. You don't cheat if you get to knock-in wor' Chezza everynight. :P

Lad at work is convinced Ashley is gay and it is a marriage of convenience so as to reduce rumours and accusations about him and that Cheryl isn't a racist. :lol:

Well he has slept with a whole raft of manly looking women. :lol:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    as much as I envy him going home to a girl who looks like that.................... she is a chav & would get on your nerves!
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    of course he's a fool, another fuc$ing footballer who thinks he's gods gift to driving! sentence should have been inside for a few months!
  • northernneil
    northernneil Posts: 1,549
    ANDY F wrote:
    If it was us driving at those speeds then 12 months and possible loss of job would be the penalty and just a hand job from Mrs Cole.

is this a new law brought in I was unaware of ? I'd be having to give that some consideration !! :twisted:
  • Lots of reasons to dislike Cashley. This latest episode just lengthens the list.
  • At least he hasn't p1ssed off abroad to avoid tax like Lewis Hamilton. People live to their means and despite the money he earns i bet he's still in debt. Unfair to tar brush people through jelousy IMO. if anyone on here asked for time to pay a fine i bet i could justify hating them because 'they can afford it (compared to me)' :wink:

you think :shock: - I'd willingly swap my overdraft for his if I could swap salaries too. (over 4 years of my wages every single week - magic)

I'd bet that if theres a footballer in the top half dozen clubs thats not a cash in the bank millionaire several times over then he's got a very bad (or wealthy) agent or a rampant gambling / drug habit.

Cole is a c0ck
  • bails87
    I can't remember who it was, but one of the blues (Bham) players a few years ago used to drive around in the battered old Astra he'd had for years. Not as flash as the others in their Ferraris, but he'll have more to live off in his (relative) old age and retirement.
    MTB/CX

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I'm sure if any of us were in the dock and was fined £15, equivalent of two hours pay, and asked the judge for a payment plan he'd tell us where to go once he stops laughing.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.