Toodle Pip AFLD?

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited January 2010 in Pro race
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/huge-fu ... re-of-afld

I tell thee, Lance has too much power. :wink:
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    yeah, you can't have countries running round with a credible anti-doping agency, making everyone else look bad..

Can't help feeling Bodry isn't the diplomat they need at the helm though.

Strava is not Zen.
  • At least we know what was discussed at the "summit" with Sarkozy last year.

"I would like to spend more on cancer, Lance, I just can't see where I can find this money from the public purse".
    "Funny you say that, I have an idea where you can save a few million...."
  • intothe12
    intothe12 Posts: 190
    Via Twitter

cyclingfansanon

Certain cyclist gets cozy with Sarko, next thing you know AFLD budget is decimated. Fascinating coincidence.

1+1 = 2 or does it equal 11
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    intothe12 wrote:
    Via Twitter

cyclingfansanon

Certain cyclist gets cozy with Sarko, next thing you know AFLD budget is decimated. Fascinating coincidence.

Do you really believe LA sat down with NS and asked him to cut the AFLD budget ? Seems highly unlikley if not ridiculous to be honest.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Do you really believe LA sat down with NS and asked him to cut the AFLD budget ? Seems highly unlikley if not ridiculous to be honest.

It's beyond ridiculous.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • rockmount
    rockmount Posts: 761
    Moray Gub wrote:
    intothe12 wrote:
    Via Twitter

cyclingfansanon

Don't be silly he just used his powers of remote mind control, you know, like he usually does !
    .. who said that, internet forum people ?
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    iainf72 wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:

It's beyond ridiculous.

Yes it is beyond ridiculous, no one accused Lance of being stupid. But there's always back channels. Sarko is very pro American, amazingly so by French standards, more like a Brit. I'm sure issues and concerns got raised by Lance's people with Sarko's people, how much in politics and lobbying is what isn't said. For whatever reasons there is just a much softer attitude towards doping coming from the ASO, and no doubt the people at the top of that have influence with politicians.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    What are you going to try and pin on Armstrong next? Was the man on the grassy knoll wearing yellow and black lycra?

Next thing people will be saying Armstrong is one of those lizard characters that supposely rules the world.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • moray_gub
    dougzz wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:

It's beyond ridiculous.

Yes it is beyond ridiculous, no one accused Lance of being stupid. But there's always back channels. Sarko is very pro American, amazingly so by French standards, more like a Brit. I'm sure issues and concerns got raised by Lance's people with Sarko's people, how much in politics and lobbying is what isn't said. For whatever reasons there is just a much softer attitude towards doping coming from the ASO, and no doubt the people at the top of that have influence with politicians.

LOL i am sure LA and NS and LAs people (sounds like a dance band ffs) and NSs people discussed a few things but i think its ridiculous to suggest that cutting the AFLD budget was among them. You conspiracy theorists keep coming up with good ones i'll give you that.
  • moray_gub
    Timoid. wrote:
    What are you going to try and pin on Armstrong next? Was the man on the grassy knoll wearing yellow and black lycra?

Next thing people will be saying Armstrong is one of those lizard characters that supposely rules the world.

Funnily enough JFK thing went through my mind as well...........
  • BikingBernie
    BikingBernie Posts: 2,163
    Crazy! Next people will be saying that the Festina bust was all down to a plot by the French Communist party, in the shape of Marie-George Buffet, to embarrass the capitalist running dogs who have a financial interest in pretending that the Tour is clean.

Oh, hang on a minute... :wink:
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    You didn't know that?

Hell, it happened in Texas, what more evidence do I need?
  • rockmount
    rockmount Posts: 761
    I wonder who was behind Vaughters' 2001 TDF ?
    wasp.jpg
    .. who said that, internet forum people ?
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364

I heard he faked the moonlandings. In fact if you watch the footage carefully you can see Neal is wearing a livestrong bracelet over his suit, it just doesn't show up in black & White :lol:
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    AFLD are a government agency, and I don't know if any of you have noticed but there's been a recession on recently. Governments across the western world have been cutting budgets. I work for a government agency - 10% of the work force were made redundant. I don't think this was Armstrong's fault.

Also, are AFLD as great as some people make them out to be? Bordry makes a lot of noise, but surely he's just touting for business. Their reputation seems to be based on the 2008 Tour, where they got lucky with the CERA test. The UCI make mistakes, but I think that's mostly down to incompetence rather than conspiracy.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137

I heard he faked the moonlandings. In fact if you watch the footage carefully you can see Neal is wearing a livestrong bracelet over his suit, it just doesn't show up in black & White :lol:

The moon landing conspiracy goes deeper than you can imagine. This brave Australian girl blew the whistle (skip the first 40 seconds):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Iy0R0bIZ68
    Twitter: @RichN95