bomber 33 TST 2 coil - 2009

gustie
gustie Posts: 118
edited September 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
hi

ive tried marzochi site... but not very helpful here...

my mates bomber 33 TST 2 coil, are VERY hard to compress and he needs to know how to change the preload

the rebound is the black knob on one of the fork legs and the only other knob is the progressive lock out on one leg top... the other leg has a blue bit that can be moved with a spanner and there is a rubber bung with an allen key head inside it

how to do set the preload on these? he aint getting much travel at all and they are rock solid

thanks

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    seems that the allen head on the top of the left leg is the preload adjuster.

Make sure that the lock out is also turned off and the adjuster under the cap is adjusted suitably.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • gustie
    ta

will pass this on and report back

thanks
  • spuddle
    spuddle Posts: 61
    Does anyone know where i can get a service manual for these forks?
  • gustie
    i tried the UK site - says "no manual present at this time" that sucks!!

BUT

the only stuff i could find was this

http://www.marzocchi.com/template/listF ... idMY=56330
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    they could have hydro locked, its a common problem with tst2 dampers.....
    zocchi tell you its a new damper, or a factory service, this is a load of poo, its actually a very easy job... if you want ill send you instruc's....
    I like bikes and stuff
  • gustie
    id like those instructions please - could be very handy thanks
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    OK, well scene as there are no official instructions, and i only know how to do it from personal trial and error and experimenting.
    so, ill try and do a decent description, and maybe get some pics asap, but im busy at the mo, so it may be a couple of days, sorry! hope thats not too much of an issue, ill PM you when iv got it sorted....
    I like bikes and stuff
  • gustie
    hi

sorry have you managed to do this instruction help thing? thanks