Introducing my new bike - Cannondale Six Carbon

Ands
Ands Posts: 1,437
edited February 2010 in Your road bikes
Well, I finally made my mind up and having come back down to earth, (after accepting that there was a £3k gulf between my dream bike and what I could actually afford :D ), I settled on a Cannondale Six Carbon (2009) 105 compact.

My budget for a frameset was £1000 and I picked up a complete bike for £1279 so I'm not unhappy about the cost. It came with a white Arione saddle which looked great but is not for me so I've put my existing saddle on. I also took off the Mavic Race Aksiums and have put on my Race X-lites (Aksiums will now be winter wheels), changed the bars for 3T Ergosum Pros and replaced the red bar tape for white.

My husband made me weigh it ( :roll: :D ) and it's exactly 8 kilos.

Having looked at a lot that was in my price range, this caught my eye when I saw it in the shop more than any other I had seen. Colour is very simplistic and minimalist with just a small amount of red and metallic anthracite lettering, and I love the shape of the tubing, skinny rear stays and very chunky BB.

Have attached some pics altho it looks better in the flesh (white bike against an off-white wall not so good!)

P1000821.jpg
P1000799.jpg
mynewbike.jpg

Comments

• Very nice - I nearly went for this myself. Hope you enjoy. Lots of happy days ahead.

I went for the Giant TCR Advanced. I am very happy on that. I suppose I would be happy on any carbon bike.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    I like Cannondales
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Sooper!
  • Ands
    Having re-read my post I should add that I did, of course, look beyond the colour scheme....:oops: :oops:

I did as much research as I could before committing to buy and it read well. I was in the shop 3 consecutive days trying it out - the guys were very patient with me - we had every possible permutation of a 90mm stem, 100mm stem, 2 sets of bars, stem flipped/unflipped. (erm, before settling on the original stem in the original position...), my saddle, their saddle, my pedals, etc etc. Excellent experience!

Yep, I hope I have many happy days on it. :)
  • oh nice stead! i went for the Madone 4.5 2010
  • Anonymous
    Ands wrote:
    Having re-read my post I should add that I did, of course, look beyond the colour scheme....:oops: :oops:

I did as much research as I could before committing to buy and it read well. I was in the shop 3 consecutive days trying it out - the guys were very patient with me - we had every possible permutation of a 90mm stem, 100mm stem, 2 sets of bars, stem flipped/unflipped. (erm, before settling on the original stem in the original position...), my saddle, their saddle, my pedals, etc etc. Excellent experience!

Yep, I hope I have many happy days on it. :)

Sounds like you got good service too, double bonus!!
  • Sweet.

Is that the Bonty WSD saddle in pics 1 and 2? Mrs Crimsondynamo swears by them.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    looks great, enjoy
  • Ands
    Sweet.

Is that the Bonty WSD saddle in pics 1 and 2? Mrs Crimsondynamo swears by them.
    Yes, it is. Great saddle - but I can't get it level on the Cannondale seatpost :evil: ! (I have had the saddle on and off my other bike and it's never a prob to get it level on that. )
  • Ands
    NapoleonD wrote:
    It always is in Royles! :D
  • ScottieP
    ScottieP Posts: 599
    Looks good - enjoy!
    My cycling blog: http://girodilento.com/
  • Evil Laugh
    Evil Laugh Posts: 1,412
    Nice.
  • Anonymous
    Ands wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:
    It always is in Royles! :D

Aaah, that explains a lot!

That's where I get all my stuff from!

Who did you deal with?
  • Ands wrote:

Yes yes of course you did! :lol::wink:

I have to admit it looks really nice! never been a fan of cannondales but i do seem to be liking em more and more!
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    Nice bike, Ands, I like the changes you've made.
    Unfortunately, there is a dedicated section for bikes, here!
    So now you can post it again! :wink::wink:

Go on, you know you want to.
    There's even a template for the spec's.

By the way, your's is the first description I have read, whereby you actually give the decal colouring a specific name! Anthracite. Cool... :wink:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • Ands
    NapoleonD wrote:

Who did you deal with?
    Matt & Graeme - they were brilliant.
    I have to admit it looks really nice! never been a fan of cannondales but i do seem to be liking em more and more!
    I think I surprised myself by going for a Cannondale as I thought the geometry would be all wrong for me. But as soon as I saw it I wanted to try it!
    hopper1 wrote:
    Nice bike, Ands, I like the changes you've made.
    Unfortunately, there is a dedicated section for bikes, here!
    So now you can post it again! :wink::wink:
    Am I allowed in there without Campag SuperRecord and Zipp wheels? :D :shock: I can't help but feel it would be like taking a 1.3 Toyota Corolla into a Performance Cars forum :D
  • hairyleg
    hairyleg Posts: 134
    Very nice bike :D
    This is not a race!!!!But I'm winning
    Canyon cf
    Cannondale caadx 9
  • Sexy, Sexy, Sexy!
  • Ands
    Thank you everyone for your nice comments. ( I didn't realise how great it feels when someone compliments you on your bike :) )
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    If you had managed to get the new pedals, you could have taken a new photo of the upgraded machine, posted it, and received even more compliments, to make you feel all warm and loved. :wink:
    But... You didn't. :shock: :evil:

:wink:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • Ands
    Yeah, I know. But I already have white pedals....and I do remember that when I got them they were actually a putty grey colour, not blingy white. Got two lovely white bottle cages tho, so will have to redo the pics. My huge tax rebate could pay for some white Hudz. :roll: :D
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Ands wrote:
    Yeah, I know. But I already have white pedals....and I do remember that when I got them they were actually a putty grey colour, not blingy white. Got two lovely white bottle cages tho, so will have to redo the pics. My huge tax rebate could pay for some white Hudz. :roll: :D

I bet yooour bike's allowed in the living room!
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Ands
    Of course. That first picture on my OP was taken in the living room :wink:

I do now in fact have more bikes indoors than Mr Ands. 8). These are the new rules.
  • Veeeeeeeeeeeeerrrry nice. Love the paintwork.