First ride on new bike =)

f3nd3r
f3nd3r Posts: 16
edited January 2010 in MTB general
Hi all,

im new to the forum.
i use to ride alot about 3 years ago, but due to work and education couldnt find the time to go and ride, sad time!

so i decided to get a new bike (old one was way to small and needed a good strip, clean and rebuld)

so i got a Boardman MTB Comp, its a realy nice bike and seemed good bike for the money.

so today i went for my first ride on it, LOVED IT!!! took me back to the good days. but realised that my fitness and stamina is not what it use to be. i had to stop and take a rest at the top of the first hill! once i recoverd i contiuned with the rest of the ride, though muddy fields, swamped woods and every thing that could possibly make my brand new bike as muddy as possible!
when i got home, my new baby needed to be cleaned and de-mudded. it took me a good hour to clean her.but for the fun of that one ride and alot other to come, it was so worth it.

I cant wait till summer when the track are all dry and mud free :) but a bit of mud now and there is all good :)

Steve
Bikes:

Trek 3700 - old first bike - currently stripping and revamping
Boardman MTB Comp

Comments

• Robie P
    Robie P Posts: 39
    Good on ya chap...just got back into it again my self after 8 years !! keep at it
  • f3nd3r
    Thanks, you to.

think more riding is the only option to get fitter. Result :)
    Bikes:

Boardman MTB Comp
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    Mrs f3nd3r probably won't be impressed with the pile that's now waiting for the washing machine. :wink:
    Cycling weakly
  • Good stuff mate, i have also got back into riding after about 8 years! I still want to go for my first full off road ride which should be coming Saturday!

Good luck with the getting fit! I'm on the same mission! :D
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    f3nd3r wrote:
    i had to stop and take a rest at the top of the first hill!
    seems pretty normal to me :wink:
    f3nd3r wrote:
    when i got home, my new baby needed to be cleaned and de-mudded.
    You can save a lot of time by letting it dry and just brush the dirt off. A little lube on the drivetrain and it's good to go - your baby will thank you for it in the long run.
  • f3nd3r
    .blitz thanks for the advice, ill remember that for next time.
    Bikes:

Boardman MTB Comp