New Cervelo Test Team Site Update

sonny73
sonny73 Posts: 2,203
edited March 2010 in Pro race
http://testteam.cervelo.com/en_us/testteam/

Sorry if this has been noted elsewhere, not seen it; thought some of you may be interested in the new Cervelo Test Team site update they have done :wink:.

Comments

• Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    I check what seems to be every bloomin day to see if they've added more to their documentary. its the best cycling film there has been i think, and they've stalled at the end of last years TDF. I WANT MORE!
  • Are these downloadable for Turbo usage?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • dulldave
    dulldave Posts: 949
    Moomaloid wrote:
    I check what seems to be every bloomin day to see if they've added more to their documentary. its the best cycling film there has been i think, and they've stalled at the end of last years TDF. I WANT MORE!

+1
    Scottish and British...and a bit French
  • wow- just watched the documentary - thats awesome!
    looking forward to seeing what the team do this year.

would be great to see haussler win in the classics
    ...the bicycle is the most efficient machine ever created: Converting calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of three thousand miles per gallon...
  • Downloaded the TdF section of the docs to my iPhone at work and watched them on the travels back....and I am now going to seriously eat my words.

Back over summer I was a staunch Cav fan even slating Thor a bit for complaining about the stage disq (which in the doc you see him on the bus saying he doesn't want as he wants to win without it) etc and basically watching the behind the scenes like that you can't help but have admiration for the Cevelo team and thor defo deserved everything last summer.

And everything to do with the team from Cervelo themselves to the tight knit teamwork they have (I doubt astana looked like that last summer) they are a top class bunch. Sastre and how he handles himself is a true bit of class especially when asked in the opening press conf about LA's comments on his year previous being a joke of a tour. Words to the effect of in cycling the guy is a legend and can only be admired but out of cycling, he himself as a man perhaps needs a little more work.

Haussler, Roulston, Lancaster, Klier all put max effort in to benefit the team and sastre and hushovd are just tops. Hope they do achieve more this season too, I am a sky fan, I am excited about seeing sky perform but I am defo going to be routing for Cervelo.
  • Downloaded the TdF section of the docs to my iPhone at work and watched them on the travels back....and I am now going to seriously eat my words.

Back over summer I was a staunch Cav fan even slating Thor a bit for complaining about the stage disq (which in the doc you see him on the bus saying he doesn't want as he wants to win without it) etc and basically watching the behind the scenes like that you can't help but have admiration for the Cevelo team and thor defo deserved everything last summer.

And everything to do with the team from Cervelo themselves to the tight knit teamwork they have (I doubt astana looked like that last summer) they are a top class bunch. Sastre and how he handles himself is a true bit of class especially when asked in the opening press conf about LA's comments on his year previous being a joke of a tour. Words to the effect of in cycling the guy is a legend and can only be admired but out of cycling, he himself as a man perhaps needs a little more work.

Haussler, Roulston, Lancaster, Klier all put max effort in to benefit the team and sastre and hushovd are just tops. Hope they do achieve more this season too, I am a sky fan, I am excited about seeing sky perform but I am defo going to be routing for Cervelo.

its true - allowing for the fact that the documentary was made by cervelo and they are unlikely to be unflattering of their own guys its hard not to have a lot of respect for the team.

i remember watching haussler in the classics, he was so aggressive - you could see he wanted it badly. it was gutting to watch him get swallowed up by cav at san remo. and sastre is definatly class, all round-

i thought it was illuminating when on one stage of the tour Konovalovas (i think it was him) ignored team orders to wait for sastre and looked like he'd gone on for himself - the team clearly dealt with it properly and openly and the next day you could see the pleasure in his face that he'd worked for sastre and helped him get the stage win - says a lot about the team and its inner workings.
    good luck to them in 2010.
    ...the bicycle is the most efficient machine ever created: Converting calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of three thousand miles per gallon...
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    I just had an email back from Cervelo saying that there were no plans to publish more chapters in the series. but that may change this year and to keep an eye out.

Seems a shame on such a great film. Job half done really.
  • pedro118118
    pedro118118 Posts: 1,102
    Vince - the incident you referring to was in the Giro and it was Serge Pauwells, who was left somewhat miffed at being told to wait when he was in a two-up break and a great chance of a stage win. Whilst they seemed to deal with the tension, he's now at Sky, so I suppose that speaks volumes. Sastre seems like a very genuine, very humble guy.

Some of the funnier moments revolve around Thor Hushovd's fan-club - classic!

I would agree that the films are very nicely done and can be watched in iTunes or on an iPod/iPhone - good for turbo sesssions!
  • Vince - the incident you referring to was in the Giro and it was Serge Pauwells, who was left somewhat miffed at being told to wait when he was in a two-up break and a great chance of a stage win. Whilst they seemed to deal with the tension, he's now at Sky, so I suppose that speaks volumes. Sastre seems like a very genuine, very humble guy.
    oh, well....
    i guess I fail on the paying attention test then :lol:
  • pedro118118
    pedro118118 Posts: 1,102
    So did Carlos, otherwise he woudn't have insisted on Serge coming back to help. As it turned out, it was only Basso who'd gone up the road, so I can understand Serge's anger to a degree!
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    dulldave wrote:
    Moomaloid wrote:

+1
    2010 film coming:
    http://www.cervelo.com/en_us/testteam/v ... cumentary/