Bikeradar demo days

Northwind
Northwind Posts: 14,675
Just wonder if there's anyone here who can help with a problem, I already emailed the contact email on the website but no response as yet...

What it is, is I had a test ride on an Mmmbop booked in medium, at Glentress. After talking to Brant it seems like I should try a small, so I cancelled the medium and tried to book a small. None available- so, I tried to rebook my medium, but it says no slots available. I know the one I cancelled should be since I tried to rebook it about 1 minute after I cancelled, but it looks like all the Ragleys have been switched to on-day booking only. Is there any chance I can get my testride reinstated?

Cheers!

Andrew
Uncompromising extremist

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Northwind- the guy in charge of Demo Days is away from the office today, but i'll ask him what the deal is when he's back.
  • Northwind
    Brilliant, thanks very much!
    Uncompromising extremist
  • jamescw
    jamescw Posts: 87
    Right, sorry for the delay, here's the score:

Hotlines, the distributor of Lapierre, Ragley, Lynskey, Ghost and Tomac, decided to go for on-the-day bookings only, to allow a proper amount of time between slots to prep the bikes ready for the next rider.

Due to an error on our part, these bikes were open for booking for a day or so when the site went live, allowing people to book timeslots. It was then changed to on-the-day bookings only. Therefore, if you made a booking on these bikes, it currently does not stand.

We are discussing this situation with Hotlines, due to the high number of bookings made, and will update you early next week on any change to this situation. Our experience with on-the-day bookings in past years has been positive, with everyone able to ride the bikes they wanted, but obviously if you've made a booking and it now doesn't stand, this is not ideal. Sincere apologies for the confusion.
  • Northwind
    No probs, can't be helped then- thanks for your time! I shall turn up and lurk on the day :lol:
    Uncompromising extremist