Setting Up Clipless

mlee123
mlee123 Posts: 12
edited January 2010 in Road beginners
Hi All,

Just fitted new pedals - moved to Shimano Road after having Candy C so I could use same shoes for MTB as well as Road.

Getting to grips with different method of clipping in but playing the endless tweaking game with cleat position - seems every time I get 1 foot right then the other feels off, or I'm getting knee twinges

Any advice on how to set up - think I'm nearly there but don't want to be getting used to the wrong position and damaging knees etc.

Mike

Comments

• skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    There's a good guide here: http://www.bikedynamics.co.uk/fit01.htm

one point to note - your feet are probably not 100% symmetrical - so the cleat position may be slightly different between one foot and the other. 8)
    Cycling weakly
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    so the cleat position may be slightly different between one foot and the other.

Absolutely. I kind of always knew that one of my feet was bigger than the other but I still insisted on setting up cleats evenly, doh! Recently readjusted individually, ignoring what the other was set like, and it feels much better all round.

Unfortunately, it's a bit like the rest of the bike setup, always worth a tinker, only to regret it and not be able to get it back like it was :wink: