Does this maintenance kit look worth the money?

unscarred
unscarred Posts: 208
edited January 2010 in The workshop
I just came across a web store called Bamford Trading, and I was looking at the following tool kit and maintenance stand:

http://www.bamfordtrading.com/products/leisure-cycle-accessories/87942-comprehensive-bicycle-servicing-tool-kit.html

and

http://www.bamfordtrading.com/products/leisure-cycle-accessories/59304-draper-59304-bk-ws2-heavy-duty-bike-workstand---delivery-included.html

What does the hivemind think, worth a pop or is it just going to be cheap rubbish?
Has anyone used these guys before?
FCN 6 in the week on the shiny new single speed.

FCN 3 at the weekend - struggling to do it justice!

Comments

• desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    Draper stuff varies. Looks like you've got all the bits and pieces in that tool kit though.

Workstand looks cheap, but on the other hand it is cheap...
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • ohlala!
    ohlala! Posts: 121
    Decathlon sells something similar (tool kit) for £25
  • that tool kit is exactly the same as the one i bought in lidl for 20 quid and the workstand is just aprop that hooks under the chainstay and is about 18 inches hish
    its no use if you want to work on your bike but the toolkit would be ok if cheap enough
  • unscarred
    unscarred Posts: 208
    Thanks guys, Decathlon it is.
    FCN 6 in the week on the shiny new single speed.

FCN 3 at the weekend - struggling to do it justice!
  • pedropete
    pedropete Posts: 227
    As far as tools go, there're loads of very similar - if not identical - kits around for £20-£45. Another option is to spend a little more and buy your bike-specific stuff like BB tools, chain whips/splitters etc from a brand like Ice Toolz, and then for your core day-to-day stuff like allen-keys and spanners, go the Halfords 'Professional' route.

Mot Halfwits stores may not be able to build a bike to save their lives, but their pro tool range is good quality and surprisingly affordable.