Lance Chickens out of first Contador Clash

frenchfighter
frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
edited January 2010 in Pro race
Cos he knows he will get destroyed.

Now doing the Crit Int in Corsica rather than Catalunya.

- marca.com

At least this means I can watch Catalunya without the press dogs and cameras all over Lancey.

And have a look in at the Crit to see Jens smash Lanceho and his Whack Shack oldies.
Contador is the Greatest

Comments

• Grow up!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • pedro118118
    pedro118118 Posts: 1,102
    Whatever makes you happy...
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    What are "Lance Chickens"? Is Bertie racing against them the way Cipo used to race against horses?
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850

- marca.com

At least this means I can watch Catalunya without the press dogs and cameras all over Lancey.

And have a look in at the Crit to see Jens smash Lanceho and his Whack Shack oldies.

:roll:

You really are coming across as having a bit of an attraction to Lanceho. Wouldn't you prefer a forum where we talked less about this crap, and more about actual, like, cycling?

Strava is not Zen.
  • frenchfighter
    You guys are very short sighted and quite odd. Go and support your lovely Lance. Dress up in Livestrong and cheer him up the climbs.

The really funny thing cj is that I don't contribute much to the Lance threads anymore - I let the others get into a huff. In fact I rarely even click on them.

Go and have a look at the Lance threads on the front page - check if I have contributed to them. You will find the answer negative thuis showing your point to be mute.

Then check my posts to see where else I have contributed. You will notice the latest thread on Sky as one example.

As you say Lance is crap and I would prefer him not to be involved in cycling, but if he insists I will have fun when I feel like it.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • You guys are very short sighted and quite odd. Go and support your lovely Lance. Dress up in Livestrong and cheer him up the climbs.

Yes, I love Lance, just look at all my other postings on him. :roll:

Face it, you were looking for a response and you got exactly what you wanted, to feel superior to everyone who doesnt share your contador/armstrong obsession.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Go and have a look at the Lance threads on the front page - check if I have contributed to them. You will find the answer negative thuis showing your point to be mute.

I think you mean "moot".
  • northernneil
    northernneil Posts: 1,549
    great another lance debate, I will be writing .....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    You guys are very short sighted and quite odd. Go and support your lovely Lance. Dress up in Livestrong and cheer him up the climbs.

Yes, I love Lance, just look at all my other postings on him. :roll:

Face it, you were looking for a response and you got exactly what you wanted, to feel superior to everyone who doesnt share your contador/armstrong obsession.

+1.

Dave_1 and I were getting it on on the C+ forum in about 2004 over Lance, so don't give me this 'you're a fanboy' crap.

What's the point in staying away from LA threads if you then start this one? The worst thing is, there's a quite interesting debate (now moot) to be had regarding how LA might approach this year, given AC's undoubted superiority, but you're not interested are you?

Look at it this way. You hate Lance with a vengeance. He doesn't know you exist, and if he does is using your postings to motivate himself to ride better.

There's only one winner here, and it ain't you.

Strava is not Zen.
  • frenchfighter
    Always laughing. Always laughing. I don't get angry. LOFL
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    yawn.jpg
  • Lance bashing is old school, the new school way around these parts is to crucify team sky every opportunity. Something I am sure you can manage FF.

This isn't news nor is it really that interesting. Let's post more pictures of "Whose legs are these" cause I didn't find that kind of thing slightly weird the first time. 8)
  • frenchfighter
    Face it guys. You love to have at me. It lightens up your day.

Even though there are many others who almost exclusively post up for and against Lance, whereas I only do occasionally, you don't go after them do you. Anyhow, your little words are just pixels, they have zero effect on me.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    armchair cyclists "Yawn"
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    Hey FF, how does Lance ever fit those cloven hooves into cycling shoes?

Do you think Bertie is slowed by the halo you've bestowed on him?

I don't like Lance's actions and propaganda, but don't you think the 'chickened out' is a bit pathetic?
  • pb21
    pb21 Posts: 2,170
    Jeez! Contador actually races other than during July.

:wink:
    Mañana
  • frenchfighter
    pb21 wrote:

And wins left right and centre...every year. Some people only tune in for the Tour though so wouldn't know.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    pb21 wrote:

And wins left right and centre...every year. Some people only tune in for the Tour though so wouldn't know.

yes i noticed that in Paris-NIce last year, a stunning victory. oh hang on he didn't win left right and centre did he.
  • frenchfighter
    LOFL camrone, I cannot be bothered to smack that comment.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • camerone wrote:
    pb21 wrote:

yes i noticed that in Paris-NIce last year, a stunning victory. oh hang on he didn't win left right and centre did he.

In fairness that was a great race,
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    LOFL camrone, I cannot be bothered to smack that comment.
    was that supposed to be English?
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328

Lancey.

This Whackshack and Lancey stuff you come out with at times makes you come across as a Primary 4 schoolkid.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    pb21 wrote:

Yeah, a real force in the one dayers, but I guess he's just too chicken

:twisted:
  • nickwill
    nickwill Posts: 2,735
    Frenchfighter aren't you just the slightest bit queasy about the way Contador is cuddling up to Vino! Even Armstrong and Bruneel weren't prepared to do that! :twisted:
  • frenchfighter
    Nickwill wrote:
    Frenchfighter aren't you just the slightest bit queasy about the way Contador is cuddling up to Vino! Even Armstrong and Bruneel weren't prepared to do that! :twisted:

Well I don't think he has much choice - Vino is the best and most popular Kaz rider so Astana bosses would have him for sure. At the end of the day he has written into his contract some serious clauses about any positives for any Astana rider.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Lance is a chicken! Last time I saw Contador race a chicken, the chicken was winning, then he got plucked over.

FF is right about Vino, he hasn't much choice has he. In fact he seemed to do all he could to get away.

You would be surprised if there was much of a clash between LA and AC before July. Surely neither will want to give an inch.
  • dulldave
    dulldave Posts: 949
    It's in both their interests to stay clear of each other until the tour. I wouldn't be surprised if it was co-ordinated that way.
    Scottish and British...and a bit French
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    dulldave wrote:
    It's in both their interests to stay clear of each other until the tour. I wouldn't be surprised if it was co-ordinated that way.

It's not exactly unusual, either. Did LA and Ullrich EVER race against each other outside the Tour?
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601

- marca.com

Mountains from molehills.