First ride shenanigans!

Porta105
Porta105 Posts: 57
edited January 2010 in Road beginners
Right, so I eventually had the time and the weather to get out on the bike this evening after having it sat on the turbo for 3 weeks, just thought a nice short ride then home for tea.

Well, about 5mins into the ride I realise my new Strada computer has fallen off! So I retrace my steps for 10mins only to find it squashed in the middle of the road, that's £40 down the drain.

So I thought balls to it, lets have a nice ride anyways and it was, for about 20mins. Then hit some traffic and to cut a long story short some stupid bint in a BMW stopped without reason to and I ended up having my first 'clipless moment'! Fortunately I got my foot out just in time to not completely stack it into the tarmac but my ankle and pride took a bit of a bashing.

So, 1 ride in, I've got a smashed computer, bruised ankle/ego, and a slightly scratched seat and pedal. Please tell me someone out there has had an event like this, I guess we just learn and move on.

Sorry for the rant, oh and does anyone know where to get a bianchi bar end? :oops:

Comments

• Limburger
    Limburger Posts: 346
    I can post you a couple of bar end plugs if you like. Hardly mint though, the paint was chipped when I got them.
    God made the Earth. The Dutch made The Netherlands

FCN 11/12 - Ocasional beardy
  • macondo01
    macondo01 Posts: 706
    I can post you a couple of bar end plugs if you like. Hardly mint though, the paint was chipped when I got them.

What a guy!! :D
    "Let not the sands of time get in your lunch"

National Lampoon
  • macondo01
    macondo01 Posts: 706
    I guess a lot of us had clipless moments like that - my last one was practising track standing in the cycle area in front of two lanes of traffic (yes I know) at some traffic lights. A giant gust of wind came and swept me over, clipped in. I felt such a prat - more harm to my pride than my shoulder!! Try, try, try again...
    "Let not the sands of time get in your lunch"

National Lampoon
  • @Macondo1 - Track standing is a long way off, particularly with clipless pedals, you must be insane.

@Limburger - Sounds great, send me a pm with details :D

Does anyone know whether a new Strada comp would work with the sensor etc already attached to my bike then, or are the coded to only pick up those sold together?
  • Rich Hcp
    Rich Hcp Posts: 1,355
    I thought it was just a magnet and the reader picks up a magnetic pulse as it goes past.

So it ought to be ok
    Richard

Giving it Large